JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What a pain, I worked installing the large beavertail for 1/2 an hour. I ended up using a roll pin punch & rubber mallet. The cheap tool provided by Glock will not work (it is flexible & bends).
Note: you need to squeeze the back strap when inserting the plastic retention pin. You might want to throw the darn thing at the wall, but you paid a premium for this cheap piece of.......

Buy a Gen 3 and save some money and frustration. The standard grip was made for kids or a woman's hands. It is smaller than the SF or Gen 3.

IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

Last Edited:
I wanted a G19, I sold my Gen 3 about 10 years ago. I wasted a lot of money buying a new Gen 5. I never liked the feel of the Gen 4, so I did drink the cool-aid and pulled the trigger to buy the latest & greatest. I should have saved $100 or more and just bought a Gen 3.....ugh.

Last Edited:
I wanted a G19, I sold my Gen 3 about 10 years ago. I wasted a lot of money buying a new Gen 5. I never liked the feel of the Gen 4, so I did drink the coolaid and pulled the trigger to buy the latest & greatest. I should have saved $100 or more and just bought a Gen 3.....ugh.

What don't you like about the Gen5? Mine has been 100% reliable.

I have never had a Glock fail from 1994 when I bought my 1st G19 to date. I currently have a Gen 3 G17L & G21 and they have never failed.

Glock has now become the Apple of plastic guns now. Gen 6 will probably be released next year....

And to preface the question, I own a Gen3 G19, a Gen4 G34, a G42 and a Gen5 G17.......

And I EDC a Shield 9mm. So nope, no kool-aid consumed here. :)

New Gen 3s are closing out at less than 5 bills right now, I agree that $75 to $100 difference really doesn't really matter.

Last Edited:
I was very disappointed with Glocks new bacstraps. Glad I'm not a Glock guy. I have 100 pistols and only two are Glocks. The Gen 5 falls short. The back straps are cheesesy. I've decided just to leave them off and just use the stock ones that don't wobble. If it wasn't for the $100 discount they give to retired police officers I probably wouldn't have got it as I have a perfectly good gen 3.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top