JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm one of those new firearms owners so if I'm asking a stupid question...

I purchased a brick of the GECO .22 LR Semi-Auto and it seems to have some kind of lubricant or something on each cartridge. Each cartridge is a little "sticky". I've been shooting the Remington Thunderbolt and it didn't seem to have any kind of coating. I would appreciate some insight. Thanks!

I have had .22 ammo like that. Been so long I dont remember the brand. I just ignored it and shot it. Only real problem with it is dirt being attracted to it, so I would not use it in the field for hunting and try not to expose it to dirt or dust before you use it.

Shoot it up at the range then clean your gun and buy different brand next time.

~

It's basically wax for lube the basic lead ammo usually shows it more and the brand effects how it looks/feels. Take some of the thundercrap and scrape it with your fingernail it's just a harder type.

Yes, a different type of lube on the bullet. The European manufacture .22LR ammo I have used typically has this type of lube that is more messy to handle, so I carry a towel or rag in my shooting bag to wipe hands after loading the gun. US. varieties of .22LR more often have a wavy lube that is not as messy to handle.

I have found the Geko .22LR ammo works very well in all of my .22s except one, an old Marlin 81 that is picky about what it will extract.

Aguila is like that, as well. Lots of waxy lube, leaves a mess in my pistols, and lower round counts before you HAVE to clean it, due to ftf/fte and light strikes. Thunderbolt doesn't have the sticky stuff, not does most of what Federal offers. CCI is generally clean burning, and no messy lubes. "American Eagle" is one of the dirtiest burning .22lr cartridges I've yet to try, which is weird, considering their 5.56 stuff is actually decent.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top