JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My neighbor told me yesterday that the gate on Gooseneck is closed. I don't remember there being a gate on Gooseneck except for higher up where the private land starts and they did the logging. Can anybody substantiate the existence of a gate where Gooseneck Rd forks off of Gooseneck Creek Rd?

My neighbor told me yesterday that the gate on Gooseneck is closed. I don't remember there being a gate on Gooseneck except for higher up where the private land starts and they did the logging. Can anybody substantiate the existence of a gate where Gooseneck Rd forks off of Gooseneck Creek Rd?
Yes, there's a gate at the bottom of the hill around where a house is / gravel/blacktop transition and it was closed a couple weeks ago.

So, just so I know if I'm having a major senior moment or not. Is that gate new, say in the last 18 months or so?
There was never a gate when I was in high school. I spent a lot of time up there. But that's been over 10 years….

Yes, there's a gate at the bottom of the hill around where a house is / gravel/blacktop transition and it was closed a couple weeks ago.
So, just so I know if I'm having a major senior moment or not. Is that gate new, say in the last 18 months or so?
It was there as of 7 years ago when I lived in Dallas. But it was always open so few people noticed.

I have a theory, more of a thought really. There's more and more gates being installed all the time at wooded (shooting) areas. I understand some of these are for necessary reasons. Fire protection, poaching game or hunting out of season, vandalism, private property, shooters leaving garbage (hello idiots), protecting logging equipment. and other misc. reasons.

Is it possible that in the case of BLM that the gates are being shut longer and more often to discourage shooters from using the woods, public or private, and taking another bite out of our gun shooting rights?

This is not a 2nd Amendment conspiracy theory but an observation.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top