JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I loved that range but stopped going when there was all this talk of "registering" your guns with the base provost. It certainly isn't some kind of secret what guns I have, would just hate the hassle if I wound up getting caught with one that didn't make it on the "list".

FT. Lewis registration rules... Been that way forever. Most guys that shoot there regularly take the registration talk with a grain of salt, and it seems to come and go in waves with new shooters and fear-mongering range-workers.
Ever since they moved the boundaries of the East-Gate the range has been outside of the gate, and has been open to civilian, non-military shooters.
It would be a tad difficult to enforce a registration rule that only applies to those who live within the boundaries of Ft. Lewis on those civilian range users that don't. I've been shooting at Range 15 for at least fifteen years and have never once seen or heard of an MP visit to check firearm registration. Hell, I've even been stopped for searches at the gates, and have uncased and presented a few of my firearms to the more knowledgeable guards there and have never once been questioned or scrutinized about registration. It's always been smooth and painless. (At least as smooth as can be when surrendering your 4th Amendment Rights when entering a military installation!)
I would be interested to find out if any other users of Range 15 have heard anything about a person's firearms being seized from the range, or vehicle while lawfully transporting through JBLM, or if it's just a scare-tactic to maintain order.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top