JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
could be a carbine but most likely pistol.
whats the distance from the gas port to the chamber?

ABEB8A82-1EBC-4E49-84AB-AEE2B19DD08D.jpeg

Last Edited:
could be a carbine but most likely pistol.
whats the distance from the gas port to the chamber?

View attachment 445989

I've never seen a barrel less than 10" long that uses a carbine length. Hence my assumption it's pistol length. Not only that, but running a carbine length tube on a 9.5" barrel would more than likely cause short stroking due to not enough gas pressure.

I've never seen a barrel less than 10" long that uses a carbine length. Hence my assumption it's pistol length. Not only that, but running a carbine length tube on a 9.5" barrel would more than likely cause short stroking due to not enough gas pressure.
for sure,im 99.9% positive you are correct. i was just throwin the difference in lengths out there anyway.

Do the pistol length gas tubes wrap around the barrel for a couple of loops? If they do, does that help getting the pistol to function? And if so, would a wrap around gas tube work also on a CAR length system? Are wrap around gas tubes needed for CAN use? So much new stuff today.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA And BATFE Laws And Rules Apply. For now anyhow.

Do the pistol length gas tubes wrap around the barrel for a couple of loops? If they do, does that help getting the pistol to function? And if so, would a wrap around gas tube work also on a CAR length system? Are wrap around gas tubes needed for CAN use? So much new stuff today.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA And BATFE Laws And Rules Apply. For now anyhow.
Adjustable gas block is better than the loopy tube.

You have to have that bullet in the barrel for the right amount of time after it passes the gas tube and before it exits the barrel (dwell).

Yes, you need a pistol length tube that's straight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top