JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How are you guys aligning your gas blocks?

Always looking for process improvements, my OCD causes me to spend a considerable amount of time ensuring everything is aligned properly for functionality and aesthetics.

Last Edited:
I saw a guy use dry spaghetti pasta. He had some round pasta that fit the diameter perfectly inside the barrels gas hole.
He held the gas block upside down, inserted a length that would drop into the gas block/pipe assembly and trimmed it to be even with the barrel opening.
He then slid the barrel into position, tightened the set screws a little and then inverted the assembly 180 degrees, wiggled it around a bit until he could see it fall into the barrel. Then he torqued down the set screws.
He then took a cleaning rod and broke off a small section of the pasta inside the barrel since the length was longer then barrel diameter and the rest of the pasta dropped out of the gas hole.
Weird, but it worked.

I saw a guy use dry spaghetti pasta. He had some round pasta that fit the diameter perfectly inside the barrels gas hole.
He held the gas block upside down, inserted a length that would drop into the gas block/pipe assembly and trimmed it to be even with the barrel opening.
He then slid the barrel into position, tightened the set screws a little and then inverted the assembly 180 degrees, wiggled it around a bit until he could see it fall into the barrel. Then he torqued down the set screws.
He then took a cleaning rod and broke off a small section of the pasta inside the barrel since the length was longer then barrel diameter and the rest of the pasta dropped out of the gas hole.
Weird, but it worked.

This works.

I've always used a micrometer and my eyeballs, haven't had a failure to cycle doing so.

Agreed. I've always eyeballed it with great success but I'm surprised there isn't something out there to give a positive indication that the gas block is properly aligned. For crying out loud, they make a jig or fixture to do everything else!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top