JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've developed a fascination with automatics that feed from magazines in front of the trigger. I think when there is a new shipment into the US, I'll acquire a threaded .380 ACP/9㎜ Corto version of the vz61 as a stable mate to the SBRed one I have in .32 ACP / 7.65㎜ Br. (CzechPoint says the soonest is autumn, so it will be a little while, and I might have wandered off to another fascination by then. Who knows.) And I'm always on a look out for a good Mauser C/96 or an Astra clone.

For purely giggle-related purposes I started checking Gunbroker on Intratec Tec-9s. I know they are total junk, but if one could be obtained cheaply, it would be hilarious and fit the genre mentioned above. But they don't go on the cheap; far from it, in fact. I routinely am seeing them final sales price close to and in some cases over a grand. It isn't a fluke of one auction; most I've seen end up in the $800—1,300 range. There is no way I'd drop that kind of money on a pile of crap like that family of handguns. But I am left puzzled why they would have buyers in that zone.:s0076:

I've seen a few other off-beat, poor quality guns go for prices that were surprising. Quality pieces selling for top dollar in this market is hardly a surprise, but junk ... does not compute. Anyone seen garbage guns going for surprising rates?

Not really "garbage guns"...but more of a traditional lower price gun...
Lately it seems as if those old Stevens and H&R single shot shotguns have been going for "gold"

Now I realize that the days of these going for around $75 for a very good to excellent one are long gone....
But I have seen them being sold , sold mind you , not just the asking price , of around $200-$300 for a Stevens and $175 - $250 for an H&R...
Neat guns and I like to hunt and shoot with 'em...but still....

Also the price of production , used muzzle loaders have gone up as well....
Which I can understand for a good quality one like Uberti , Thompson Center , Pedersoli....but some of the iffy quality ones made by Giuseppe the Unknown , late Friday night or after the hang over Monday , using parts which were made and polished by drunken monkeys....are going for top dollar too....:eek:
Andy

but some of the iffy quality ones made by Giuseppe the Unknown , late Friday night or after the hang over Monday , using parts which were made by and polished by drunken monkeys....are going for top dollar too....:eek:

I quite literally laughed out loud on this. :s0112:

Giggles aside, interesting on the Stevens and H&R scatterguns. I wouldn't considering them junk guns either, but as you mentioned, they were always reasonably priced.

I think people are buying anything they can get their hands on that looks even remotely "combat" worthy, especially if it has a recognizable name. The rapper and that show "Archer" both bring tec9 to the family table so to speak. Not surprising to me at all

The rapper and that show "Archer" both bring tec9 to the family table so to speak. Not surprising to me at all

Ah, maybe that is it — pop culture. I, generally, don't listen to rap music and never have seen a single episode of Archer, so wasn't aware that this particular garbage gun figured prominently in said.

Pop Culture driving Tech 9 sales: Lana Kane, of Archer.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.12.50 PM.png

For forward mag setups, B&T APC's are great. Love my integrated suppressed APC9-SD

Attachments

• BT-APC45-SD-1.jpg
    BT-APC45-SD-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 142
The B&T looks quite neat-o. I will have to look into those. Who is the chief importer/vendor?

I think B&T runs its own import out of FL. They did recently get the US SOCOM contract for their APC9K. Same as this one just the compact sub-gun version. The B&Ts are very nice guns. I recently got the APC10 Pro, in 10mm that uses Glock mags. Softest shooting 10mm I have ever shot.

I think gunbroker is full of shill bidders honestly.
Couldn't agree more. Put a GB bid on 100 Hornady 6.5 PRC brass for sale recently. Whoever the shill fool was, ran up the bid from $20 to $151 plus a ridiculous shipping fee. I hopped off at $100. Hope he chokes on it.

Couldn't agree more. Put a GB bid on 100 Hornady 6.5 PRC brass for sale recently. Whoever the shill fool was, ran up the bid from $20 to $151 plus a ridiculous shipping fee. I hopped off at $100. Hope he chokes on it.
Yeah I've been looking at getting me an AK type rifle and people are running them up to $1200+ I saw two the other day go for $2500+ for an arsenal arms SLR

Something really wrong here. I have several pieces posted here and no one trying to buy them. Maybe they just don't like me.
That's cuz you have Banjo in your name and live in Lebanon. :D
I wished you were closer for the primers and 22LR you had recently. I enjoy dealing with you.

Creedmore Sports had ADG 6.5 PRC brass for a day or two last week....

Was at my oldest's house and her husband is talking about a new bow and how expensive they are. I mentioned he should sell my Christmas '19 present to him, a Mossy 500 (28 + 16" barrels, wood and plastic furniture, etc) because he could get a pretty penny for it. I think he likes it too much. What I didn't say was I had two more shotguns I could give him.... :rolleyes:

While not a garbage gun, but CZ Scorpion pistols and carbines are going big, for about $400 more than normal for carbines and pistols are almost double! Crazy!!!!

Supply and demand. It's making $400 AK's go for $1200. Don't get me started on Colt AR's. Due to the high demand though everything is gold right now so to be expected. If this is all ever behind us someday, we will be looking back and missing the days where we could sell average goods for extraordinary prices. Not sure what my point was initially....:s0158:

I've been puzzled by the prices of AKs in recent years. Admittedly, it is not a market I follow, for a variety of reason. With a few notable exceptions, I wouldn't consider them "garbage guns" by any stretch, but I am not getting how the prices for them has increased so dramatically compared to back in the day.

That's cuz you have Banjo in your name and live in Lebanon. :D
I wished you were closer for the primers and 22LR you had recently. I enjoy dealing with you.

Creedmore Sports had ADG 6.5 PRC brass for a day or two last week....

Was at my oldest's house and her husband is talking about a new bow and how expensive they are. I mentioned he should sell my Christmas '19 present to him, a Mossy 500 (28 + 16" barrels, wood and plastic furniture, etc) because he could get a pretty penny for it. I think he likes it too much. What I didn't say was I had two more shotguns I could give him.... :rolleyes:

Thanx for the good vibes. I guess it's not me after all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top