JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

g43 or shield 2.0

• Total voters
Currently the g43 but it's really hard to keep that sucker in my hands when I shoot!

It gets lost in my hands too. The Shield is taller, so I don't have that feeling. But, if I'm carring a longer grip, I might as well go thicker and get more bullets out of it.

The G26 is a great shorts and t-shirt gun. I also like my M&P 2.0c, but the G26 hides better overall.

I personally wouldn't choose either. Sub compacts are certainly nice to carry. But I don't want to have to actually bet my life on, and fight, with a short sight radius'd, reduced capacity, greater recoiling weapon, if I don't have to. Especially with all the shenanigans going on these days. And particularly given that I don't have any problems carrying a Glock 19 size weapon. YMMV.

However, if you're trying to choose between these two guns, you shouldn't have too many problems finding a rental counter that has both. You'll sort out more in thirty minutes than anything any of us can tell you. You absolutely want to rent and try a sub compact before you buy it. Many of them can be downright unpleasant to shoot...even in 9mm.

The shield is a very very forgiving firearm, and about one of the closest I have seen feel like a Sig.
( feels like not shoots like :oops: )
I think in recent years the Shield has proven its self to be one of a hellofa contender for CC.
I do not see the 2.0 really any better then the 1.0 other then a few changes its still the same
but the 2.0 cost more by about 150.00 then the 1.0 which I think they stopped making this year might be wrong.

I dislike both, but would go G43 just because its a bit smaller. I'd want to be able to pocket carry and the shield is a bit taller and prints more. The Shield is thin, but not really super small.

I'd carry a G26 over either any day.

This. And I carry a G26 daily. EDC'd a Shield for a few months. Like my 26 more.

Currently the g43 but it's really hard to keep that sucker in my hands when I shoot!

Same. Had one. Dumped it.

I agree Kruejl! I love the 26 and 27 just can't seem to hold onto that one to well eaither and I'm always pinching my hand fat in that magwel!

I agree Kruejl! I love the 26 and 27 just can't seem to hold onto that one to well eaither and I'm always pinching my hand fat in that magwel!

I like my m&p 2.0c in 40. It hides fairly well IWB. I think the G19 hides a little better. The flat sides and pyramid style texture don't catxh clothes as bad. Had to out Talon grips on the 2.0c to keep from rubbing my side raw.

P365 looks like it would feel good in the hand. Also was wondering any "bigger" people Carry a subcompact I'm about 250 pounds

P365 looks like it would feel good in the hand. Also was wondering any "bigger" people Carry a subcompact I'm about 250 pounds

6'2" ~240 95% of the time a Smith Shield, a Smith 642, and or a Seecanp 32. The other 5% I add something bigger, you know, when I have to venture into the "civilized" world.o_O

Had a g43, too square and squirrelly.
Had a g42, easier to handle, but underpowered for my taste.
Have a Shield 9mm, like it a lot.
Shoot a 365 a lot, and it is the next one for me for sure. Best stock trigger and sights. Best capacity to power ratio. Dang it, why did you make me rationalize this in my head and type it out, you suck!:D

I had a 42, shot great but a little worried about round count to "power". Next had a 43. Better "power" but no longer able to pocket carry. Now I have an XDs 45 and am satisfied with 1 less round for the "power" factor and same carry style as the 43. I really think the 9mm shines in a full size with high capacity not restricted by the rules of the Genova Convention. If a 45 is too big, I would personally go for the minuscule 380(LCPII, P238, or the not so minuscule 42). From someone that has been in combat, everything pretty much sucks and you are left with making due with what you have. Sometimes you can't believe the "lucky" shot and sometimes a handheld "howitzer" doesn't seem to be effective enough. Squirrelly Bubblegum, just never know

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top