JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1711163872227.png
@lucusloc

It's from the book "The Three Body Problem". It would take a lot of writing to explain the exact context and why it's funny to the people who get it. Nothing to do with the Netflix adaptation of the book
OK, I'll read up on the plot summary by this Chinese dude Cixin, for my own edification...

It's from the book "The Three Body Problem". It would take a lot of writing to explain the exact context and why it's funny to the people who get it. Nothing to do with the Netflix adaptation of the book
Aha! When I did a quick search, the first page of results was for the series. It's probably new or trending.

Anyway, the Three Body Problem in science is that one can accurately and fairly directly predict the motion of two bodies, relative to each other, for very long periods of time because it's simple to calculate the center of gravity between the two. However, once you introduce a third body, the number of unknown variables increases substantially, making long term calculations much more problematic. This is certainly a promising base for a Sci-Fi story, and a captivating title.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top