JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't believe any $20 device has given me more entertainment than this little device over the years.

My favorite is a setting on it that only kids/teens can hear (that is sad that our hearing declines that much by our early 20s). There are four other fully audible sounds also.

15kHz (Teen Buzz tone** - young folks can hear it, older folks cannot!)
Cricket chirping
IM Doorbell
Grating Electronic noise
Typical Electronic Beep

An easy way to test is to download a dog whistle to your mobile phone and set it to 15kz or above. You might hear it faintly as it starts for one second but most teens hear a screech from across a house.

The Annoy-A-Tron is a pranksters dream. Last year I left it in my friend's Las Vegas hotel room, tucked up inside the bathroom vent, with the ding-dong doorbell option. (I am a jerk, just FYI)

So, if you want to have a lot of fun (on the cheap) at the expense of others, please get one of these and deploy it.

There are different versions now - look on Ebay - some simulate mobile phone ringers.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I took DC electronics at the local college a couple years back, we made a more sophisticated variant in class with USB support and a rudimentary GUI allowing you to tailor duration, volume and frequency of the audio file selected. Quite a bit of fun.

TG used to sell one, maybe still do, that is much smaller and only beeps. The beeps were at random intervals and volumes, making it very difficult to locate. Nothing like driving an office full of people crazy. lol

I have another friend that absolutely hates the sound of a mobile phone on vibrate.

He said that TV advertisers hit a new low a couple years back when they started to add the sound to draw attention to their commercials.

Of course this means I will be ordering one off Ebay ($16) and duct taping it under his sofa or maybe set it inside his fireplace grating.

Four years ago I left one set for 15K (teen sound) in a girlfriend's 13 year old sons bedroom tucked up into a window blind. We broke up soon thereafter and I completely forgot about it.

Apparently, they almost ended up moving and the kid had to move/sleep out in their garage. Just a freak thing that it got back to me years later.

What I am saying is that once you place one of these they can work for a couple months so try to have a way of getting a memo to someone on the inside (without squealing on yourself).

If you want to really annoy someone, use a signal generator and tune through a speaker for a steady hum at 28 to 32 cycles.
It will get into a persons harmonic and drive them totally berserk.
:s0087:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads