JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all! I'm a brand new, freshly minted, member of this forum. Nice to meet you all. I'm relatively new to shooting and reloading but I have tackled it with gusto. Thanks for all the advice you guys have given in the forum.

Welcome to the forum Longtooth.
Lots to read and see here....we have a active reloading sub forum and lots of shooting topics to discuss.

As a side note...
My Grandfather was in the 11th Airborne during WWII.....
Andy

From Florida huh? That's about as far away Oregon as you can get as far as U.S. States go.

What hoops do you have to jump through to buy firearms in Florida?

Welcome.

Welcome from even further away - The Land of the Eastern Angles in Eastern England, stronghold of the late and much-missed Hereward the Wake, and home of fairly large skies and reasonably extensive horizons, bearing in mind the rather small size of the island on which we are forced to live.

Yes, we shoot. Me, a lot, like three times a week. And reload. And do black powdery stuff.This area is heavily into re-enactment, since our granddaughter goes to school in the house once owned by Oliver Cromwell. There is so much history around here that there is a thriving industry making books about making history books, but I guess you won't really want to hear all that stuff.

Just a gentle reminder that 99% of ALL the Founding Fathers came from places within fifty miles of where I live.

Lots to read and see here....we have a active reloading sub forum and lots of shooting topics to discuss.

As a side note...
Andy

You failed to mention the WORLD CLASS comedy, constant dad jokes, and the various and sundry entertaining (at times annoying) souls that afflict these hallowed virtual walls…….

Although, I could just be a head in a box wired up to an elaborate simulation…. but then again, so could you.

:s0131:

Welcome from even further away - The Land of the Eastern Angles in Eastern England, stronghold of the late and much-missed Hereward the Wake, and home of fairly large skies and reasonably extensive horizons, bearing in mind the rather small size of the island on which we are forced to live.

Yes, we shoot. Me, a lot, like three times a week. And reload. And do black powdery stuff.This area is heavily into re-enactment, since our granddaughter goes to school in the house once owned by Oliver Cromwell. There is so much history around here that there is a thriving industry making books about making history books, but I guess you won't really want to hear all that stuff.

Just a gentle reminder that 99% of ALL the Founding Fathers came from places within fifty miles of where I live.
You REEK of colonials, rebellious peasant!! ;):D

As a side note...
Andy
Awesome to meet you. Im about to dive deep into that section.

My grandpa was 11th too (hence the patch)!

From Florida huh? That's about as far away Oregon as you can get as far as U.S. States go.

What hoops do you have to jump through to buy firearms in Florida?

Welcome.
Private sales are legal.

If I go to a shop, you just have to get a background check, no waiting period if you have a CCP. They are talking about getting rid of the permit system entirely and just letting us go back to constitutional carry. :)

Private sales are legal.
I remember this ^^ here. Being that I just got into firearms, joined this site in 2011, I got to do a couple before they changed it. Funny, or not, criminals still get guns and shoot people.

Love your governor BTW! Ours is a useless terd.

Welcome from Tennessee. Just moved from Oregon to get away from the communist government. I now don't need anyone's permission to carry concealed or to buy/sell guns between private parties.

Cheers!

891716d4dd47551bf47612a6e2dbdc85.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're in Florida but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

You REEK of colonials, rebellious peasant!! ;):D
My father came from a long line of down-trodden Irish peasants and my mom from a long line of orchard keepers - hence their name.

The Irish made an indelible and irreplaceable contribution to the new colonies, in particular the opening of the West - those that stayed in the East, likewise. As did the French, likewise, although the pages of the internet are filled with vituperative comments about their alleged lack of bottle when it comes to feats of arms in recent history. Without the incredible sacrifices of the French Home Army in May of 1940 - over ten thousand died in the defence of the coastal are around Dunkirk - the very real army of those that DID get away would have been lost, and England overwhelmed by hitler's stormtroopers. And as for you, without Lafeyette the New Continental Army may never have actually happened, and his powers of persuasion and military acumen passed into the rebellious colonists like water into a dying man.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top