JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
That's right one and all a free.... link to the classified rules.
No one needs to see an ad bumped everyday then bumped again to mark it sold. there's this great feature that closes the ad. Guess what- if you edit Post 1 or the title with this great word 'SOLD' we'll all know. We don't need updates that it's pending for a lunch/movie date.
<broken link removed>

Here's a nice clip of the classified rules:
13. Do not bump a thread more than once per week.

"Bumping" refers to posting useless information, making unnecessary corrections or updates in a post, posting one-liners (such as "Bump," "Back to Top," "BTT") or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum. Excessive bumping is rude and selfish, and does not respect the right of other members and participants to have their posts viewed and responded to. In order to strike a balance between a legitimate wish to refresh a post or topic that has not been satisfactorily answered, and the needs of other members and participants to have their posts viewed, members are allowed to bump their own posts only one week after the post was first entered, or one week after the last bump. Members shall not "bump" a thread initiated by another person.

14. Follow these specific classified rules.

As many of our members know, we have probably tried just about every classified policy out there. In the end, freedom won out, and we have decided fewer rules are the way to go. Follow these and you should be fine:

1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.

2. Do not bump a thread more than once a week
Members have permission to edit the original thread to add additional information, so please do so when possible.

3. Members must comply with local, state, and federal laws at all times.
Legally, a firearm may never be sold across state lines without the involvement of an FFL.

4. Follow through once you commit to a purchase, sale, or trade.
Members who commit to deals then fail to follow through will have their classified privileges revoked.

5. Ads are to be posted only in the classified section.

6. All ads must have the correct prefix.

7. Ads with both pistols & rifles should be split and put into their respective forums.

8. Once your item is sold, traded, or you have found what you are looking to purchase, you are required to close the thread to let everyone know it's no longer active.

9. If you have a question regarding what you should buy, the value of the item, etc. you should post the question in the appropriate section, not within an ad in the classified section.

10. You may not create two advertisements for the same item.

11. If you close an ad and decide to repost the item, you must wait 7 days.

12. All group buys must be approved by the staff before they may be posted.

13. By using the NorthwestFirearms.com classified section you accept and agree to our Classified Section Terms of Service.

14. No member may post items in the Great Deals section which they are selling themselves. This section is intended for deal alerts & discussion of third party sales only.

Rants DO NOT belong in the classifieds.....

They don't I'll agree 100% and I'm sure this will be deleted, but hopefully it may help with not having the same 5 ads on the front page from a seller that bumps 5 times in 2 days with random useless crap updates, then bumps it again to close it.

ETA: And techinically I am giving away some free info that's here on the site so it really isn't in the wrong place :)

Oh and noticed how I edited my post so as not to uselessly bump the ad again, another cool trick you can do here.

I have been wanting to do the same thing for months but so far have been able to control myself. I applaud you sir.

These jerks need a kick in the butt every once in a while..

you know your rant doesnt belong in the classifieds, So why would you put it there, You should move it...
MODs have better things to do. like warn people who do what your whining about. you whine and still post this rant in the wrong area knowing your in the wrong your just as bad as people who do un-needed bumping.

you know your rant doesnt belong in the classifieds, So why would you put it there, You should move it...
MODs have better things to do. like warn people who do what your whining about. you whine and still post this rant in the wrong area knowing your in the wrong your just as bad as people who do un-needed bumping.

That's funny right there....

Bump to close
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-shotgun-classifieds/76605-sold.html

But if you read again- I am giving away (via the classifieds) info that is freely available. :)

Much of the problem lies in that many people who do exactly what you describe are either brand new members or relatively inactive members. The result in either case is that they neither know the rules, nor care to follow them if they did. If you only join to post a couple of items, then shamelessly disregard the rules by constantly bumping them, a warning or even threat of being banned from the site carry no real weight. Because of this phenomenon, many forums require a minimum post count before a member is allowed to post classified ads. This ensures that by the time the minimum count is reached, that member should know the rules, and at least be a semi-reputable member. One has to admit, it gets old seeing a post in classifieds from a brand new member with only one post; their ad, and then later, their early bumps of the same post. Personally, I would probably not even deal with a brand new member who posts a one sentence ad with no pictures, demands cash only, no trades, and doesn't even list their location. That seems a little too fishy for me. These are usually the same people who never close their ad after their item sells. I know that at the site start-up the admins and mods decided not to implement that minimum post requirement, but with the sheer number of members, coupled with the unnecessary clutter in classifieds from those who wantonly disregard the rules, it may be wise to revisit that policy.

Ok, rant over.

he is right I once made a posting to ban people for 30 days that would not close there ad properly.the consensus was that was to strong I still think they should have some sort of demaret!!!
Say two (2) infractions points,such as you receive for posting non firearm items in legal and politics..

Thanks i'm new here have only placed 1 add. I really like what ur saying a great reminder for those who keep bumping their adds to the top several times a day, I get on here to see whats new in the evenings and have to wade through all the stuff thats been bumped back to the top every day. THANKS AGAIN

he is right I once made a posting to ban people for 30 days that would not close there ad properly.the consensus was that was to strong I still think they should have some sort of demaret!!!
Say two (2) infractions points,such as you receive for posting non firearm items in legal and politics..

The not closing an ad doesn't bother me- find an ad 3 months old PM the seller!! No need to bump a dead ad or thread. If it's still around you've accomplished A) getting ahold of the seller and also B) Keeping it off of others radar!! If a seller chooses not to bump his ad or whatever no big deal, but bumping it to close it and say it's sold is a whole nother issue!

While I agree with many of the comments and frustrations voiced here. I see a tough market forcing more people into selling or trading firearms.
This means more traffic of newbs (and the site rules ignorant) here and more firearm liquidity.
Firearms liquidity is very good; not only for me but for America.
So I will tolerate the uncouth and keep looking for the next interesting firearm.

Personally I hope that the flow of firearms increases ten fold. (Hoping there become more owners who believe in Americanism and it's freedoms.)

I send people to the top 3 local sites every chance I get ... just to help the firearms "supply side" of things.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.