JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
City
Silverdale/Bremerton
State
Washington
I have an Atlas 10F lathe in very good shape. It is a 54" bed model. This model will swing approximately 10" and is 32" between centers, and will accommodate the length of a typical rifle barrel for refinishing or re-crowning. This is the upgrade Timken tapered roller bearing, model. I have the original owner's documents, a nice assortment of chucks, and other tooling. It has all the change gears, and an upgraded quick-change tool post. Also included is a steady rest and a follower rest. It will cut both SAE and metric threads. Accessories also include a face plate, and several dogs. I converted the tool post grinder into a small milling adapter, (it can be converted back if desired). All features work as they should. I've done a number of projects on the lathe, and am in no urgent need to dispose of it. I'm NOT currently interested in selling this. I want to trade for a Springfield M1A, in 308, either a loaded or national match model, in excellent shape. If you have a working knowledge of machining accessories, you can appreciate the value of the lathe and the accessory tooling. Not interested in other rifles, or related hardware. It is on a granite base and concrete block pedestals, which I will include with the right trade. I can help load it, with an engine hoist, but I estimate the lathe weighs about 450-500 lbs., not including the weight of the granite base, pedestals or tooling. Located in the Bremerton-Silverdale area. Here's a link with info on this model. http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=14102 . PM with any inquiries or questions.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Not to be the party pooper here, but consider the numbers. 10% of the audience here understands machining and may be interested in a lathe. "May be" is an important qualifier - people who are into machining likely already have their machines. Then, 10% out of that group may have an M1A. 10% of those M1A's meets the described qualifications. 10% of those M1A's are up for a trade. 10% of them are within 100 mile radius... You get the picture ?

So here is my suggestion: find the M1A for sale you like and set the price for the lathe accordingly. Sell one, buy the other.

P.S. I am looking to upgrade my lathe, but I have no M1A like the person before me :D Take my comment above more like entertainment than criticism of any kind.

Not to be the party pooper here, but consider the numbers. 10% of the audience here understands machining and may be interested in a lathe. "May be" is an important qualifier - people who are into machining likely already have their machines. Then, 10% out of that group may have an M1A. 10% of those M1A's meets the described qualifications. 10% of those M1A's are up for a trade. 10% of them are within 100 mile radius... You get the picture ?

So here is my suggestion: find the M1A for sale you like and set the price for the lathe accordingly. Sell one, buy the other.

P.S. I am looking to upgrade my lathe, but I have no M1A like the person before me :D Take my comment above more like entertainment than criticism of any kind.
Thanks... I'm not offended... I too have thought about directly selling my lathe and buying an M1A. It was really a thought that there is someone who might have a rifle sitting in the dusty corner of a safe, who might be interested in a swap...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.