Gun Deals
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Defensive Arts
Simply Triggers
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms
Reactions
Buddy of mine and I are headed to Fossil next week for elk hunting. Neither one of us has hunted the unit before, this was our 3rd choice for tags.

I am wondering if anyone has any insight on good areas to spot elk. Most of the unit is private property, so we are looking for areas open to public.

I'm not looking to ruin anyone's "secret spots", just wanted to get some opinions on areas to look for elk, also places to camp.

This is my first trip east for elk hunting, hoping to have better luck than in the west side.

Reactions
Better start looking for private land to hunt. I think that unit is more than 80% private, guess where the elk are.

Reactions
What's the best way to get in touch with the land owners? I'm sure they keep their properties pretty closed up to outside hunters.

Reactions
To get hold of owners of private you can look up their address on the county web site and send them a letter. I did that years ago, but months before the opening weekend. So I guess start knocking on doors? Lol
the unit, with public portion is so small, every decent spot there is a secret spot.
Read my other post and read in between the lines.

Cerberus Training Group
DSG Arms
Project Appleseed
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
NW Custom Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads