JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this a test?

The write up states "mil-spec quality specifications as written by our government customers". Need I say more? Okay I will. Simply because someone out there will be willing to pay the price.

Nothing really wrong with Russian made primers. Not the same brand, but I've used 20m Wolf 209 shotgun primers over the years. Never had a misfire.
Some of the Fort Smith small pistol primers are non-lead or "green" primers. That might be one of the reason for the higher prices.
Burning lead is what gives you the black ring on a revolver cylinder face. Green primers make cleaning a lot easer.
CCI makes non-lead primers also. Or I should say used to. I don't see them listed on their web site anymore. Even when they were, the availability was far and few.

Fiochi makes the non-lead ones, as well, but I haven't seen any in quite a while. There was a write up on the non lead primers with pictures showing how clean the empty brass is, even with Tite-Group.

Can anyone tell me why Fort Smith Primers are so expensive? $1700 for 5k comes out to $0.34 per primer. What am I missing?

Well, if you actually order these primers, you will be missing $1,699.00 plus whatever they choose to add for shipping and hazmat charge. A big "if", in my book. Time will tell if those who actually paid these high prices were the fools, or those of us who thought they were ridiculously overpriced and passed turn out to be the fools. Hoping it will be the former. We will see, the world is changing, and not for the better, IMHO. :s0002:

Well, if you actually order these primers, you will be missing $1,699.00 plus whatever they choose to add for shipping and hazmat charge. A big "if", in my book. Time will tell if those who actually paid these high prices were the fools, or those of us who thought they were ridiculously overpriced and passed turn out to be the fools. Hoping it will be the former. We will see, the world is changing, and not for the better, IMHO. :s0002:
Yea, a smidge overpriced. These cci's for $100/k are still available w no buyers for a month..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top