Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Foreign Legal Tender (not collector, spendable)

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Items Wanted' started by Arkarayne, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Partly adding to my own childhood collection and a couple new currencies that interest me, and planning a trip to one of these places sooner or later.
    *cough*this one*cough*
    Japanese Yen:
    Coins, ~1950's -p.
    Notes, ~1980's -p.
    (83.5 yen/$1)

Mexican Pesos:
    Coins and Notes, 1994 -p.
    (12.38 pesos/$1)

South Korean Won: (Things are getting interesting, would be cool to have a couple notes, keepsake-ish)
    Coins and Notes, 1980's -p.
    (1138 won/$1)

Chinese Yuan: (Again, interesting, would be fun to have a few, show the kids in a few decades)
    Coins and Notes, 1999 -p.
    (6.65 yuan/$1)

Whatever google says the exchange rate is at the time is what i'll go with.
    (should only flux a couple cents, i respond pretty quick.)

2. Kain

Kain Vancouver, WA Member

I have a single 10,000 yen note somewhere I'd be willing to make this exchange on.

I'm up by Portland, though. How would you want to make the exchange? I hardly expect you to accept it sight unseen.

3. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Cool, unfortunately a 10000 is a wee bit out of my price range at the moment, thank you though.

4. Kain

Kain Vancouver, WA Member

Not a problem. If you change your mind, let me know. It's not going anywhere. :thumbup:

5. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

PM inbound

6. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

I have lots of it, South African Rand, Philippine Pesos, Euro's, Ringets, Yen, Dirhams, Kroner, Egyptian Pounds, Cidis, Riyal's Etc. Coins and bills.

Here is 1 envelope of the bills i have maybe 2 more envelopes floating around the house some place with more currency picked it up during my travels.. I have been to about 45% of the countries on planet earth and have brought back bills and coins from each.