JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious if anyone has any ideas on making a brass catcher for an FN PS90.

I did some google - foo, but every site comes back as "blocked: Weapons" where I currently am.

When I briefly checked interwebs back at the homestead, there really weren't that many ideas. The ones that seemed to be interesting were so old that the pictures in the threads no longer worked.

Thanks, any & all ideas welcome!

Put together this cheesey one:

5F33B60E-60EF-4C08-85F7-920CEDFAC692_zpsghdbljrl.jpg

BF341BE1-2ACE-493D-ADF1-672ABA91E804_zpskywvixju.jpg

Fashioned from an empty cardboard box (7.62x51 surplus ammo) wrapped in duct tape & fashioned the spring stays out of 2 bar ties (17g wire).

I'd imagine any sturdy wire would work fine. Had read about folks using clothes hangers, but that the clothes hangers can scratch/mar the interior of the ejection area.

Cost: free, as I had everything already.

Not bad, given the FN brass catcher goes for about $50, and it doesn't look too great to me anyways.

-That's 2 50 round mags, with some change left over, or a whole bunch of PEW PEW PEW!

Unless you're trying to not leave a mess... My question is why? From everything I've read, reloading 5.7x28mm is a ludicrously bad idea. Coating dependent extraction friction requirement, razor thin load safety range, kaboom reports.

Unless you're trying to not leave a mess... My question is why? From everything I've read, reloading 5.7x28mm is a ludicrously bad idea. Coating dependent extraction friction requirement, razor thin load safety range, kaboom reports.
He's probably trying to save it for reloading.
I'd use a blanket or somesuch and load it as per normal convention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohh I agree on the reloading. Extremely unlikely I'll be doing that, but maybe.

Yup pretty much just a mini-project that'll help me clean up a bit easier is all.

...oh and then there's the idea of not leaving any evidence behind in the event of something catastrophic too..:rolleyes: