JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here own the FN PS90? If so, do you like it and how reliable is it? Would you recommend it?

I don't have any bullpups in my gun collection and is thinking of adding this gun to it, also considering the Tavor but can't seems to find any in stock. It'll primarily for recreational shooting, I have other guns for home defense. For owners of this gun, do you find it fun to shoot?

Thanks.

P.S.: I know ammo is expensive and that is if you can even find it these days.

Fantastic little bullpup, hamstrung by cartridge availability/exclusivity! I understand more manufactures are starting to produce munitions for this, but it's S-L-O-W in coming! Keep in mind, this is a very nich type firearm, and as long as you stay with it's narrow field of intent, it's hard to find an equal! They re damn fun to shoot, and surprisingly accurate!

I owned an early model, it ran good but was expensive to shoot. My only complaint on the early model was the sight, you had to hunt for it when you brought the bullpup up. New ones don't have that problem.

I have one (and actually just listed it for sale!). I love the dang thing and would keep it if I had the time and money for another type of ammo platform. The trigger is fine and has a nice break, people get a little snooty with triggers but I'm a big fan of a heavy pull and crisp break. Disassembly is stupid simple and it packs around super easily. It's easily fired one handed and has a decent aftermarket. Plus it looks awesome.

I loved mine, trigger was pretty decent, and got better with use! Build quality was excellent, and the funky magazines worked flawlessly! No real downsides in the grand scheme of things, mags are EXPENSIVE, and ammo is hard to come by, but it's a fantastic little carbine, especially when you SBR it and add a Suppressor, it really comes into its own then!

I loved mine, trigger was pretty decent, and got better with use! Build quality was excellent, and the funky magazines worked flawlessly! No real downsides in the grand scheme of things, mags are EXPENSIVE, and ammo is hard to come by, but it's a fantastic little carbine, especially when you SBR it and add a Suppressor, it really comes into its own then!
Agreed to all but as an HK owner I feel the FN has cheap magazines. ha!

I owned an early model, it ran good but was expensive to shoot. My only complaint on the early model was the sight, you had to hunt for it when you brought the bullpup up. New ones don't have that problem.
Different generations have different sights - most (if not all - not an expert on all gens) have backup iron sights on the side - it just isn't obvious that they are there). The stock rail on one generation has built-in peep sight under the rail - probably what you had - hard to find - rear peep needs to be enlarged - I replaced that with a "ring sight" (low profile small optic with tritium and fiber) that had an aftermarket LED enhancement - seems to work ok, certainly better than the rail with peep sight. It is my understanding that some early P90/PS90s came with the ring sight from the factory?

I also have a "tri-rail" that has a different rail system, and I need to look at the third PS90 I have to see what system it has. My tri-rail is too high for a good cheek weld IIRC, I will probably mod it somehow.

The P90 is a niche gun - a PDW for behind the front logistic rear echelon personnel who need a light low recoil compact defense only weapon. It is not meant as an offensive weapon, but rather as something somewhat better than a 9x19 handgun (or PDW) with more range, low recoil, high capacity, lightweight and with the right ammo, soft armor penetrating.

The PS90 is the non-NFA version of the P90.

I bought three PS90s and Five Sevens over the years for my family - for SHTF - for reasons similar to what FN designed it for.

If you can handle a Tavor in 5.56 and do not need the 50 round capacity, then I recommend the Tavor instead. If you are going to shoot the rifle a lot, then I recommend the Tavor instead.

The P90/PS90 is not meant to be a weapon that is shot a lot - parts of the rifle wear out quickly compared to an infantry weapon, and need to be replaced - like some areas of the stock. FN used a thinner less durable plastic for the stock than they used for the Five Seven. This is not an issue for me as I (and my family) do not shoot these very much.

The ammo, during normal times, can be found for prices similar to 5.56x45 - PSA had it for 30-40¢ per round for a while, and that is what I have paid for most of my ammo. Now it is hard to find and is often $1+ per round - making me glad I bought a lot of it when I could.

Very light recoil, and ammo is small and lightweight - 5.56x45 being 50% heavier but also 2X as powerful.

Different generations have different sights - most (if not all - not an expert on all gens) have backup iron sights on the side - it just isn't obvious that they are there). The stock rail on one generation has built-in peep sight under the rail - probably what you had - hard to find - rear peep needs to be enlarged - I replaced that with a "ring sight" (low profile small optic with tritium and fiber) that had an aftermarket LED enhancement - seems to work ok, certainly better than the rail with peep sight. It is my understanding that some early P90/PS90s came with the ring sight from the factory?

I also have a "tri-rail" that has a different rail system, and I need to look at the third PS90 I have to see what system it has. My tri-rail is too high for a good cheek weld IIRC, I will probably mod it somehow.
I really didn't like looking for the sight, it was very slow to bring into use and they got rid of it so they must have figured it out. I really liked the gun, 50 round magazines and it shot really straight. Weight was manageable and trigger was too.

I sold mine during the obummer scare along with a case of ammo. :s0093:

The P90 is a niche gun - a PDW for behind the front logistic rear echelon personnel who need a light low recoil compact defense only weapon. It is not meant as an offensive weapon, but rather as something somewhat better than a 9x19 handgun (or PDW) with more range, low recoil, high capacity, lightweight and with the right ammo, soft armor penetrating.

The PS90 is the non-NFA version of the P90.

I bought three PS90s and Five Sevens over the years for my family - for SHTF - for reasons similar to what FN designed it for.

If you can handle a Tavor in 5.56 and do not need the 50 round capacity, then I recommend the Tavor instead. If you are going to shoot the rifle a lot, then I recommend the Tavor instead.

The P90/PS90 is not meant to be a weapon that is shot a lot - parts of the rifle wear out quickly compared to an infantry weapon, and need to be replaced - like some areas of the stock. FN used a thinner less durable plastic for the stock than they used for the Five Seven. This is not an issue for me as I (and my family) do not shoot these very much.

The ammo, during normal times, can be found for prices similar to 5.56x45 - PSA had it for 30-40¢ per round for a while, and that is what I have paid for most of my ammo. Now it is hard to find and is often $1+ per round - making me glad I bought a lot of it when I could.

Very light recoil, and ammo is small and lightweight - 5.56x45 being 50% heavier but also 2X as powerful.
Tavor is ok, it has few faults but they can be overcome working with the gun. Biggest fault to me is retraining myself to its manual of arms after useing ARs for decades. It could stand a better trigger and I believe the difficult trigger is why the guy sold it to me. I will probably end up with the $300 trigger in it as they become available.

Tavor runs great and shoots straight, a little heavy but I can live with it. :s0093:

Tavor is ok, it has few faults but they can be overcome working with the gun. Biggest fault to me is retraining myself to its manual of arms after useing ARs for decades. It could stand a better trigger and I believe the difficult trigger is why the guy sold it to me. I will probably end up with the $300 trigger in it as they become available.

Tavor runs great and shoots straight, a little heavy but I can live with it. :s0093:
The AUG is the superior bullpup ;)

The AUG is the superior bullpup ;)
If you say so! Personally, I hated them, the sights/optic sucked, and the ergos were meh! Didn't really like ANY bullpup until the P-90 and then the TAVOR!
The first gen Tavor has issues with the trigger pack and actuating rod but the later versions improved them night and day. I like that it takes standard AR mags, and everything is tight and fits well! the X-95 improves upon it even more!

If you say so! Personally, I hated them, the sights/optic sucked, and the ergos were meh! Didn't really like ANY bullpup until the P-90 and then the TAVOR!
The first gen Tavor has issues with the trigger pack and actuating rod but the later versions improved them night and day. I like that it takes standard AR mags, and everything is tight and fits well! the X-95 improves upon it even more!
It's like a Keltec only uglier and more likely to drop a mag accidentally! Hehe, only joking. I find the AUG points better and the flat top version with long rail is quite flexible.

It depends on what the intended use is. As a general infantry rifle, the Tavor in 5.56x45 is a superior choice - that what it is designed for - the PS90 is not.

Want a compact PDW to for someone who has physical deficiencies or health problems and needs a lighter defensive weapon with high capacity, low recoil and this outweighs the deficiencies of the 5.7x28 cartridge - then the PS90 is possibly the answer.