JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The "Mach Loop" is a flight test and training range in the UK in west-central Wales.

Normally used by F15's, F16's, Tornados, Typhoons and all manner of fast movers, this video has a couple of surprises in it.

Enjoy!

Great stuff, thank you. If I lived there I'd never get anything done.
I enjoyed seeing the fast movers, but I really liked seeing those big ol' transports lumbering through the pass.

I'm an old airman and when I was in the old prop transports, the C124 Globemasters and C119 Flying Boxcars were being phased out and scrapped in favor of the C130's and the transport superstar of the time, the C141 Starlifter. The ANG mostly had the 119's at that time.

Yes, I date back to propellers. :p

Last Edited:
The weirdest, and most wonderful, low level pass I ever say was a B-52 at full throttle screaming over the desert just South and East of Mountain Home, AFB Idaho.

I too am an old airman but not quite that old, GOG. I missed out on the Globemasters and Boxcars but the C130 & C141 Starlifter transports were in service. We even had a few AC130 gunships here and there.

Way back in the summer of 1970 or 1971 a privately owned P51 Mustang flew West to East low and fast through Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park in central California USA. Apparently started way out West. Had a lot of throttle on. The sound was so bubblegumin. Er ... I mean boss, cool, radical, distinctive. Echoed everywhere. He pulled up going NE halfway up alongside Half Dome then continued out going fast NE. I wonder how much trouble that pilot got into?

Did anybody get a "N" number? I kinda doubt it. :)

No, it was not me. I was driving a shuttle bus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top