JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't put into words how disgustly negligent the people involved in this project were/are.
I hope there's no maximum payout or liability in the lawsuits to come.

This one should keep a few lawyers in the black for years. The sad part is I always wonder when something goes this FUBAR do we ever really find out who the hell was this negligent. You know there is a TON of CYA and blame game going on.
Kind of like when one of the I 90 Bridges here across the lake sank one year. Lots of finger pointing as to who was at fault. Bottom line is tax payers took a huge hit. Most likely be the same here. Tax payers will take a huge hit and those at fault may well go free with no consequences.

Follow up
Florida Pedestrian Bridge Collapse The Result Of Bad Math And Ignoring Giant Cracks: Feds

In a bitterly ironic twist, the morning of the collapse, FIGG project managers had a meeting with the Florida Department of Transportation and FIU, among others, and a slide in their presentation declared "And, therefore, there is no safety concern relative to the observed cracks and minor spalls."

Four hours later, the bridge collapsed.

Keywords for later searches: FL FLA Florida Bridge FIU

"The $14.2 million project was supposed to be architecturally unique and visually striking. Instead, the designers appear to have put an awful lot of effort into designing a cool-looking bridge and very little into making sure it would stay up."

This is how Wa & Or want to build new projects, Artsy-Fartsy!!!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads