JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't put into words how disgustly negligent the people involved in this project were/are.
I hope there's no maximum payout or liability in the lawsuits to come.

This one should keep a few lawyers in the black for years. The sad part is I always wonder when something goes this FUBAR do we ever really find out who the hell was this negligent. You know there is a TON of CYA and blame game going on.
Kind of like when one of the I 90 Bridges here across the lake sank one year. Lots of finger pointing as to who was at fault. Bottom line is tax payers took a huge hit. Most likely be the same here. Tax payers will take a huge hit and those at fault may well go free with no consequences.

Follow up
Florida Pedestrian Bridge Collapse The Result Of Bad Math And Ignoring Giant Cracks: Feds

In a bitterly ironic twist, the morning of the collapse, FIGG project managers had a meeting with the Florida Department of Transportation and FIU, among others, and a slide in their presentation declared "And, therefore, there is no safety concern relative to the observed cracks and minor spalls."

Four hours later, the bridge collapsed.

Keywords for later searches: FL FLA Florida Bridge FIU

"The $14.2 million project was supposed to be architecturally unique and visually striking. Instead, the designers appear to have put an awful lot of effort into designing a cool-looking bridge and very little into making sure it would stay up."

This is how Wa & Or want to build new projects, Artsy-Fartsy!!!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads