JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New law proposed by who else but Chuck Schumer!

Gun control legislation | arrest drug crime | prohibit ownership | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

..."The Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011 would greatly expand the definition of those legally prohibited from owning firearms to include anyone who’s ever been arrested — even if never convicted or found guilty — for drug possession within a five-year period. The legislation is certainly troubling for those who want a “common sense” debate about drug decriminalization. And it would seem fears that any new national gun-control legislation would be used to limit the gun-rights of law-abiding citizens is at least partially justified."

Totally unconstitutional.. Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law via jury of your peers, anyone?

Not that the scumbag Schumer is concerned about any of this

ANYONE can be arrested at ANYTIME for ANY REASON... if you fit the description of a wanted suspect/perpetrator, and/or if an LEO has "PC"... which can involve some very "creative" processes, and buy you 3-days in the tank until a writ of habeas corpus forces them to either charge you or let you go.

So that tactic alone could strip many people of their 2A rights... slimy evil little blankity-blank-blank!! (Schmucky Schumer... not LEO's)

ANYONE can be arrested at ANYTIME for ANY REASON... if you fit the description of a wanted suspect/perpetrator, and/or if an LEO has "PC"... which can involve some very "creative" processes, and buy you 3-days in the tank until a writ of habeas corpus forces them to either charge you or let you go.

So that tactic alone could strip many people of their 2A rights... slimy evil little blankity-blank-blank!! (Schmucky Schumer... not LEO's)

We don't need no stinkin' habeas corpus - we got the patriot act. Dissappear your butt in the middle of the night.

meh... I don't fit the profile for a terrorist domestic or otrherwise so I don't care. I mean, I'm just a taxpayer who is a conservative/libertarian caucasian male, an honorably discharged Army veteran (with "experience").... oh wait... auntie Janet N. put a bullseye on my profile too!! :s0131:

meh... I don't fit the profile for a terrorist domestic or otrherwise so I don't care. I mean, I'm just a taxpayer who is a conservative/libertarian caucasian male, an honorably discharged Army veteran (with "experience").... oh wait... auntie Janet N. put a bullseye on my profile too!! :s0131:

Funny how many terrorists she created with that profile and yeah I don't know anyone like that.

If I were ever the secretary of homeland securiy I would bring to Americas attention the terror threat from obese women and how they need to be monitored.

SF-

Schumer is pandering to his base. I don't think he believes it can possibly pass; it's his starting position is all. He can negotiate away the most egregiously unconstitutional parts later and then claim that he has "compromised."

The most outrageous thing about the quote in the OP is the claim that this is unfair from the standpoint of the drug decriminalization debate! So what if we're proposing prohibiting legal possession by law-abiding citizens (which we all are until found guilty of a crime). No, we should be more concerned about the rights of addicts and their dealers!

well, fourteen states have legalised possession and use of marijuana, but our Uncle Stupid in Washington DC continues to unconstitutionally enforce their own "laws"., arresting many law abiding citizens for the illegal federal controlled substances laws. ALL of these arrested "criminals" would instantly lose their 2A rights under Schumer's bill. And HE knows it. Can't get em on the CSA, take away their guns anyway. That'll fix em!! In fact, there were a bunch of raids just last week, by the Feds, all over Montana, totally contrary to Montana State Laws.... half the LEA in the state, and half the fed level cops, were in on the deal. Whatever happened to the sheriffs that they not only refused to prohibit the feds from unlawfully arresting their own citizens, but joined in and helped them make the arrests? Some Montana sheriffs need to be tossed out on their ears.... I hope their local people do so.

as to Schumer's brain tumour, right.. it won't pass. BUT, as mentioned, he is after political capital. Traitor!! He forgets we are a nation bound by written LAW, which law requires trial by a jury of peers in ALL cases of criminal accusation, and the accused is innocent until such jury finds him guilty upon beyond a reasonable doubt of the charges as laid, AND upholds the law he is accused of violating. A jury can, and should, nullify in such cases. Drives the judges berko, but they need that every once in a while. Keeps em honest. Same with prosecutors.... ten juries nullify federal marijuana charges brought against citizens of states that have legalised it, soon enough the prosecutors will stop bringing charges on those grounds. A waste of money and time. Prosecutors don't like to lose large numbers of cases... makes em look bad, or stupid, come re-election time. After all, what's more important?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top