JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decided to do my first rattle can job on an AR. A couple imperfections, but I'm pretty happy with it. Proably won't be able to tell after a few trips to the woods. What do you think, how did I do for a rookie?

Edited, auto correct errors.

20220810_184926.jpg 20220810_184914.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks like you did about as good as I did my first time. I tried to get a brown/green woodland look, ended up getting a swampy muddy look that's more one color than the other depending on light. At least you can tell where one color starts and ends on yours

Looks like you did about as good as I did my first time. I tried to get a brown/green woodland look, ended up getting a swampy muddy look that's more one color than the other depending on light. At least you can tell where one color starts and ends on yours
Confucius says "Practice on your mags first, you should have at least 10, so that's 20 chances to get it right".

It's good. See you did a little texturing. Stevie Wonder can rattle can a perfect AR. Not really a wrong way to do it. Every time I start to do one, the wind always kicks up.

I do simple little stencils that always get smudged. I prefer Rustoleum. Did the first one in 2016 and still holds up even when cleaning. I do try to avoid contact though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top