JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After more than 25 years, my wife has softened her position of having guns in the house so I decided it was time to buy my first handgun. This late in the marriage game, apathy is as good as approval. :)

Behold my new (to me) CZ SP-01 Tactical:
SP01_01.jpg

Now, the title of this thread is a gun with a past. I say that because of the two club symbols on the front of the gun. It's like the gun got drunk on shore leave and woke up with a tattoo. :)

I'm guessing due to the shallow imprint and rounded edges, this pattern was stamped/pressed.
SP01_02.jpg

I know nothing about why the pattern is there or even if it has a meaning, I just know that my very first gun may have a tramp stamp. :)

First....

your avatar with skull and crossed bacon strips... :s0152:

Second...

This late in the marriage game, apathy is as good as approval.

Where do I send you the cleaning bill for the mouth full of coffee I just spit out all over my phone and living room carpet from laughing? Also, my head now hurts from the rapid change in cranial pressure from laughing fits. The wife even found that funny as HELL!

Third.... "tramp stamp" LMAO!!

Oh, and BTW congrats on FINALLY getting a gun! :s0090:

***History nerd alert***
Maybe the prior owner had some connection to the 327th Infantry...During WWII the 327th Glider Infantry used the playing card "club" markings on their helmets as unit id....
Andy

After more than 25 years, my wife has softened her position of having guns in the house so I decided it was time to buy my first handgun. This late in the marriage game, apathy is as good as approval. :)

Behold my new (to me) CZ SP-01 Tactical:
View attachment 521435

Now, the title of this thread is a gun with a past. I say that because of the two club symbols on the front of the gun. It's like the gun got drunk on shore leave and woke up with a tattoo. :)

I'm guessing due to the shallow imprint and rounded edges, this pattern was stamped/pressed.
View attachment 521438

I know nothing about why the pattern is there or even if it has a meaning, I just know that my very first gun may have a tramp stamp. :)

First off, welcome!

Second off, COOL gun! Looking forward to the rest of the store on those marks. I have an SP01 Tactical in .40. If I can manage to do MY job, it will shoot within an inch a 50'. Great range guns!

Third off, your first post has @Stomper spewing coffee on the keyboard? Impressive!

Nice choice for first pistol, & welcome! PSA time, CZ's are addictive, no one can have just one, plus, they multiply if left alone in the safe too long. An SP-01 Tactical is the next one on my list, I currently own a P-07 compact (up for trade for the Tac), a 75 D PCR compact, and a 97 BD, the big .45 ACP. The last is my most recent acquisition, and my current favorite, I just dropped nearly $300 on some Cajun goodness for it last night :cool:. Later, & enjoy!

Dave

Almost forgot, if you want to know everything about CZ's, find your way to the Original CZ Forum. Make sure it's the Original, there's anothe CZ forum out there, but it's a pale imitation, at best.

Nice choice for first pistol, & welcome! PSA time, CZ's are addictive, no one can have just one, plus, they multiply if left alone in the safe too long. An SP-01 Tactical is the next one on my list, I currently own a P-07 compact (up for trade for the Tac), a 75 D PCR compact, and a 97 BD, the big .45 ACP. The last is my most recent acquisition, and my current favorite, I just dropped nearly $300 on some Cajun goodness for it last night :cool:. Later, & enjoy!

Dave

Almost forgot, if you want to know everything about CZ's, find your way to the Original CZ Forum. Make sure it's the Original, there's anothe CZ forum out there, but it's a pale imitation, at best.

Great idea! I will post over there as well. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top