JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crossman 760 pellet gun at the age of 8. At the age of 10 after having the safety rules pounded into me I was allowed to shoot my dads .22 rifle and revolver.

When I say I had the safety rules pounded into me. It literally happened after I accidentally shot my best friends dog with a bb from ten feet away! :oops: Lets just say I never pointed a gun where it wasn't supposed to be after that day.

My first BB gun was also a crossman 760. Man, I had a lot of fun with that thing. I remember putting 10 BB's down the barrel and then pumping it about 30 times. It was also my first shotgun... :D

I was the youngest of 3 boys so at 4 I was already shootin a handed down Daisy lever action BB gun. We did get the gun safety education from Dad and the promise to feed us everything we killed, crow sucked bad... At 7 I was hunting rabbits and squirrel with the bolt action Remington 510 22lr, mowing yards & pickin up pop bottles to feed my newfound addiction.;);) At 10 I upgraded to Pop's old 870 Wingmaster 12g. Loved dropping Quail and Dove with it and the best part was EATIN EM!!!:D

Crossman pump + Ruger Standard .22lr + S&W 39-2 9mm

Funny you mention it. Like the rest of the children, I cut my teeth with a BB gun. Unlike the rest of the brood who first shot a "real gun" in the form of a .22LR, the first firearm I ever shot was my father's Astra in 9㎜. I was only nine years old and he cupped his hand around mine. I remember him saying "you need to know how to use this", but to this day, I'm not entirely sure why. We lived in a very remote area and it was during the nadir of the later part of the Cold War, so maybe this explains it. Be that as it may, I later shot the .22s, 20/12-bores, and later rifles. Still, odd pick from my father with the automatic pistol. The 9㎜ is a very light cartridge now, but it was like thunder from the heavens to the little version of me. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top