First BB Gun?

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by CountryGent, Sep 10, 2018.

1. bsa1917hunter

bsa1917hunter
    T.D
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

My first BB gun was also a crossman 760. Man, I had a lot of fun with that thing. I remember putting 10 BB's down the barrel and then pumping it about 30 times. It was also my first shotgun... :D

Joe13, etrain16, SparksFly and 2 others like this.
  2. SKrueger

SKrueger
    West Coast
    Moderator Staff Member Diamond Supporter 2017 Volunteer

HAHA we used to do that!:D

Joe13, etrain16, SparksFly and 2 others like this.
  3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....
    Kokanee Slayer Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I was the youngest of 3 boys so at 4 I was already shootin a handed down Daisy lever action BB gun. We did get the gun safety education from Dad and the promise to feed us everything we killed, crow sucked bad... At 7 I was hunting rabbits and squirrel with the bolt action Remington 510 22lr, mowing yards & pickin up pop bottles to feed my newfound addiction.;);) At 10 I upgraded to Pop's old 870 Wingmaster 12g. Loved dropping Quail and Dove with it and the best part was EATIN EM!!!:D

Alexx1401, Joe13, etrain16 and 3 others like this.
  4. SparksFly

SparksFly
    Portland
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I got a Red Ryder when I was either 10 or 11, then I upgraded to a Gamo pellet gun when I was 12 or 13.

5. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Funny you mention it. Like the rest of the children, I cut my teeth with a BB gun. Unlike the rest of the brood who first shot a "real gun" in the form of a .22LR, the first firearm I ever shot was my father's Astra in 9㎜. I was only nine years old and he cupped his hand around mine. I remember him saying "you need to know how to use this", but to this day, I'm not entirely sure why. We lived in a very remote area and it was during the nadir of the later part of the Cold War, so maybe this explains it. Be that as it may, I later shot the .22s, 20/12-bores, and later rifles. Still, odd pick from my father with the automatic pistol. The 9㎜ is a very light cartridge now, but it was like thunder from the heavens to the little version of me. :p

Joe13, SKrueger and etrain16 like this.