JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I'm watching the movie (on GRIT). BTW, it's a Western starring Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Jack Elam o_O. So, lucky me....I caught the end where the big shootout occurs.

Anyway......Jimmy Stewart is armed with a ___WTF_____? A double action revolver with a swing out cylinder and an ejector rod attached to it? And to make matters worst (as if they couldn't get worst) Jimmy Stewart is seen doing SA cocking and DA trigger pulling and then he does a reload. OMG?

No, it wasn't a COLT lightening. It was more like a "made up" Hollywood fantasy gun. Thank god that Hollywood has better props now a days.

I can understand the 50s and 60s TV Westerns (and B Westerns) with actors using double action revolvers.....hey, blame the low budgets.

Aloha, Mark

PS....anyone else wanna add in their Hollywood observations?

Example:
The glued on magazines on the M1, to make it appear to be a M14, in Go Tell The Spartans starring Burt Lancaster.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads