JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I am not a Luddite, and in fact have worked in the tech sector for decades, there is one form of technology I have despised all my life: the phone. Be it rotary, touch-tone, cellular, smartphone, whatever, I have always hated those distracting things with an undying passion. However, they cannot be avoided. We went cellular (kicking and screaming) in 2004 and finally went smartphone today (Apple iPhone 7).

I have to admit, despite the aforementioned loathing for all things phone, that this device is pretty darn neat-o. What I have been handling via phone, digital camera, Kindle, GPS, and other machines, this one does in a handy package. I've downloaded a bunch of app this evening.

Which brings me to the question: what shooting, preparedness, first aid, and related, apps do you have on your smartphone that you recommend?

Thanks! :)

I have been shown one of these on the list (the top one).

Pretty informative and is updated pretty regularly. The others on the list I cannot speak for.

Top 10 Apps for Concealed Carry

You can also download radio scanners to listen to local feeds from Fire/EMS/PD *PD depends on county*

As for more prepping or informational apps I would say do a quick online search relative to your interests.

For E-readers I believe you can also download military FM manuals related to certain tasks (First Aide, land nav, marksmanship etc...)

I have BulletDrop on my iPhone. It's handy for calculating elevation and windage for distance shots. I use the preset FPS to make it easy. Surprisingly close.

a simple shot timer app called Splits works great...

and for what its worth, i cant live without the Backcountry Navigator app when hunting or hiking outdoors...

Ide recommend this one
A5D892F2-EE09-426A-9A70-BA162FB40228.jpeg

:rolleyes::D

a simple shot timer app called Splits works great...

and for what its worth, i cant live without the Backcountry Navigator app when hunting or hiking outdoors...

Taurus makes a shot timer too which I've used on an iphone and really like. It works well and is free. Free Shot Timer on the App Store I haven't tried others on the iphone because once I found one that worked I quit looking. I had tried a couple for android but they didn't really seem to work on my phone.

Shooting with a shot timer is surprisingly addictive -- really fun.

While I am not a Luddite, and in fact have worked in the tech sector for decades, there is one form of technology I have despised all my life: the phone. Be it rotary, touch-tone, cellular, smartphone, whatever, I have always hated those distracting things with an undying passion. However, they cannot be avoided. We went cellular (kicking and screaming) in 2004 and finally went smartphone today (Apple iPhone 7).

I have to admit, despite the aforementioned loathing for all things phone, that this device is pretty darn neat-o. What I have been handling via phone, digital camera, Kindle, GPS, and other machines, this one does in a handy package. I've downloaded a bunch of app this evening.

Which brings me to the question: what shooting, preparedness, first aid, and related, apps do you have on your smartphone that you recommend?

Thanks! :)

Our kids had smart phones long before Wife and I. When the kids left we dropped the land lines since they were no longer needed but for years went with basic cells. Like so many things as soon as we tried a smart phone it soon became part of life. They are nice. Wife was forever getting lost. I never had much sense of direction and such but she was amazing. Phone replaces GPS. Camera's have of course come a long way. Use mine to listen to Police all the time when away from home. Can come in handy to let you know to avoid an area where something is happening. Weather app is nice to have a lot of times. The main thing I soon found was how nice it was to just have the net at hand. Did not take long to learn to love being able to look things up on the fly. From how do I diagnose some problem with the car, to where is the nearest............... while out. Best part of course like all "tech" is how cheap the things have gotten. We both use Pre paid phones we buy. Last time the ones I bought were around a C note each and seem to do everything one that costs 10 times that does. Last time I was getting new tires on one car I took coffee, with the phone I was playing on this site, listening to a podcast, and playing on the net. Before I knew it they were telling me I was done. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top