JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to round up some history on a rifle that was passed down to me from my Dad. It is a firearms international and I have looked for other markings- as the internet says this was a gun distributor not a gun maker, but am not finding alot. the other thing my Dad told me was that this used to be a sniper rifle for the military (not sure which branch) and is one of the truest natural sites there is... if anyone knows some more history on firearms internationals I would love to hear it.

Thanks, that helps Mark.
Is there any validity that they were used as sniper rifles- all the info I'm reading (in the link) talks about is that the military purchased them. I also wonder- does that mean there are a bunch of 30/06 and they could have different manufacturers...how is there any consistency in the weapons if that is the case?

I remember F.I.E. as an importer of surplus military arms.
The '06 is probably a rechambered '98 Mauser.
From what I remember, any "mod" work done on the various arms was of pretty good quality.
Nice hand-me-down.

Dean