JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a limit to how many firearm transactions you can have in the Oregon or has my luck simply ran out?

I've recently taken up shooting after a long hiatus in college for many years. My 1st transaction was a purchase in Feb 2022 followed by 4 more in April, June, July and August. All were 22lr, 380 or 9mm.

I've also traded away a few firearms bringing my total to 5
22lr rifle
22lr handgun
9mm handgun (waiting in queue)
9mm rifle (pcc)
Brigade 5 inch (pcc)

Recently I went to trade another and I was put in the queue while before I've always had an immediate approval.

All done within 7 months. Has my luck dried up?

I don't think there is a limit per say, I've been buying and selling guns for over 40 years, sometimes multiples in a day or weekend. Once in a while I think they have a gllitch or training day or something and everyone goes into the queue. So not to worry at least not until you get the big "D" for denied.

I don't think there is a limit per say, I've been buying and selling guns for over 40 years, sometimes multiples in a day or weekend. Once in a while I think they have a gllitch or training day or something and everyone goes into the queue. So not to worry at least not until you get the big "D" for denied.
Oremike that's good to know, definitely hoping to avoid the big "D". This is a handgun I've been looking forward to taking to the range for a while.

It could also be that it wasn't the usual person I deal with, I was passed from one person to another since I showed up right when they were due for their lunch breaks and I blame that new system. Instead of good ole pen and paper they switched to a computer for their backgound checks. Damn computers!!

Just remember, if you purchase two or more handguns at the same time, or within 5 days of each other, then the FFL has to fill out ATF Form 3310.4 which goes to the ATF who may pay you a visit to make sure that you still have the handguns and were not straw purchasing.

Just remember, if you purchase two or more handguns at the same time, or within 5 days of each other, then the FFL has to fill out ATF Form 3310.4 which goes to the ATF who may pay you a visit to make sure that you still have the handguns and were not straw purchasing.

I haven't gotten a visit…

I haven't gotten a visit…
GIF by Breaking Bad

A great reason to have CCW Permits.
In Nevada, a CCW Permit gets you walkin out the door with your purchase basically as soon as you fill out the 4473 and pay for it.
For short time (in the past) I felt the same way about my WA State CCW (as a Good Guy Card/Proof).

Sadly........things have changed. For the worse.

Speaking of which (back to the subject).......
I can imagine.......that some LEFTY is right now, thinking of new/more legislation to limit the sale on the number of firearms that one could purchase during a certain time element.

Rrrrrright......they are only thinking about SAFETY. Besides.....how many guns does one need to go deer hunting?

1665423190905.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
For short time (in the past) I felt the same way about my WA State CCW (as a Good Guy Card/Proof).

Sadly........things have changed. For the worse.

Speaking of which (back to the subject).......
I can imagine.......that some LEFTY is right now, thinking of new/more legislation to limit the sale on the number of firearms that one could purchase during a certain time element.

Rrrrrright......they are only thinking about SAFETY.

Aloha, Mark
I'm still trying to figure out how gun owners keep up with the left quotas of guns per month.

Every once in a while, those of us who get an almost immediate approval wind up in the queue and have to wait X number of days. I too have a very unique name (such that I don't believe there is a single person in the USA with my full name, much less name/gender, and certainly not with my SSN).

Be sure to include your SSN even though it is optional.

I think the one time I had to wait in the queue it was maybe due to the FFL not putting in the full info, but who knows.

And yes, I used to buy a lot of guns in a short period of time - once it was two handguns on the same form from the same FFL, and that went thru quickly.

I don't think that is an issue unless you are buying the same model/type gun in unusual quantities; e.g., walk in and buy a dozen ARs and you may get an ATF visit. Do that repeatedly, or with AR receivers only, and you probably will get an ATF visit. That is the kind of thing the ATF looks for.

In an alternate history world where the government respected the Constitution, there would not be an ATF, and the government wouldn't know or care. An ATF would be, as they say, a convenience store, not a gov agency.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top