JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True that @Alexx1401. I remember the gunshop/gunsmith my father would oft visit when I was a child had, literally, a big barrel of cosmoline-gooped M1 Carbines they were selling for little more than a song. Few moved in those years. (Sigh) I really need to build that time-machine. :s0165:

True that @Alexx1401. I remember the gunshop/gunsmith my father would oft visit when I was a child had, literally, a big barrel of cosmoline-gooped M1 Carbines they were selling for little more than a song. Few moved in those years. (Sigh) I really need to build that time-machine. :s0165:
Oh yea, to be able to go back and grab some. Of course in today's dollars these were not as great as it seems now but still. New M-1$80, 1911's $50. IIRC NRA was selling surplus 1911's by mail for around $25 or so when I was a little kid. First time I ever shot a 1911 and fell in love it was one that the guy who was with my Dad bought this way. It was a lot of cash in that day of course but still, just to be able to order them by mail would be amazing now days ;)

1911 MO.png 1911 MO2.png

Built one just like it in the early '60's, only I had the bolt jeweled and the ejector, extractor, mag release and the safety gold plated.:p

Decided to go custom on it because, civilians didn't have too many of them at that time and I got tired of every LE that saw it wanting to see my bill of sale. :mad:

Finally traded it off as they were illegal to hunt with in most places. Fun gun for jackrabbits.:)

I think it's cute. Yup, that's the word that comes to mind, cute. Looks nice and I'd shoot it, but I'd never buy it.
I'd like to know the percentage of what ex military guns stayed original vs. those that were modified.

I should clarify....De-milling was done for a specific reason way in the past. Same thing with sporterizing, in the past. These days, either one. Funking up an old firearm that is reasonably functional is offensive to this guy.

Yeah. There is probably a special place in hell for the guy that had that done. LOL. OK., Ok, ok....M1 Carbines were once plentiful and not thought of as "collectible".

Rrrrrright. Whatever makes YOU happy.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews