JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have y'all clicked on the Ambush Firearms link?
https://ambushfirearms.com/shop/rif...d Media&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=728x90
Marty Daniel from Daniel Defence has started a new AR "hunting rifle" business. And as it says,you may need financing because their rifles are made of gold?
Well they are $1700 and change.
Hmmm... I can get a nice hunting rifle for about $400 at a gun show friends place and a semi auto for around the same (rem 7600 I believe)
I have 1 AR,not a big fan though. But I really don't get why one would use an AR for more than dog hunting.Either yotes or prairie.
Maybe shoot more and you don't need a semi auto for deer?
Anyway,with the huge supply of AR parts and the ability to build a nice one for $600 and a cheap one that shoots 1/2 moa bigger than the $1700 one,I just don't get what void they're talking about filling

Someone has too much money for how much sense they may or may not have.

I would like a 6.8 build to go shoot hogs with, BUT I priced my very particular build out and it was only $1150. They aren't filling a very big niche I don't imagine.

Just like a lot of things, someone else slaps a product together, sells them for a massive profit, then other manufacturers (hopefully not) see this and maybe start raising their own prices, cuz "if he can sell em for 1700, maybe I can too..."

Another example of paying for the name. Or should I say, trying to sell the name? In this case, Marty Daniel & Daniel Defense.

not any different than buying a high end 1911. If you can afford it then cool, but it isn't necessary at all it gives you no further tactical advantage.

A-description-indent.png
No longer do you have to compromise weight for takedown power, now you can have both. Keeping with our philosophy of tailoring a rifle to the needs of the sportsman, the Ambush 6.8 SPCII is not only lightweight, it's modular, utilizing a Picatinny Rail system, and adjustable buttstock.
Details
The Ambush Firearms 6.8 SPCII hunting rifle features an 18" S2W® profile, Cold Hammer Forged barrel. The chamber and rifling are created at the same time for the most precise alignment of the chamber to bore possible. Cold Hammer Forging alters the steel at a molecular level creating the most accurate, longest lasting barrels available. The barrels are Salt Bath Nitride treated, giving the steel the corrosion and abrasion resistance to stand up season after season. The Ambush Firearms 6.8 SPCII features a threaded muzzle allowing the installation of a sound suppressor or other muzzle device.
Protecting the barrel is the free-floating MFR 12.0 (Modular Float Rail) with adjustable shotgun-inspired hand grip which is exclusive to Ambush Firearms. The top of the handgaurd features a continuous picatinny rail for attaching optics and sights. Included are three 3-Inch modular rail sections for mounting accessories. These modular rail sections can be easily moved anywhere on the hanguard or removed completely.
Every sportsman has a duty to make clean shots on their game and a crisp 2-Stage Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) Trigger, gives the shooter an advantage delivering precise fire to the target. (Geissele SSA® has a total pull weight of 4.5 lb, 2.5 lb on the first stage and 2 lb on the second stage).
Ambush Firearms Hunting rifles are available 2 finishes: Black and REALTREE AP®.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
  • Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
  • Barrel: Cold Hammer Forged, 1:11" twist, 18″ S2W® Profile, Mid-length Gas System, MP tested, and Salt Bath Nitride Finished, muzzle threaded 5/8"-24 with thread protector
  • Chamber: 6.8 SPCII
  • Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
  • Gas Block: Low Profile Gas Block
  • Handguard: Free-Floating Modular Rail
  • Trigger: Two-Stage Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) Trigger
  • Grip: Shotgun inspired hand grip
  • Rail: (3x) 3" Picatinny Modular Rail Sections
  • Made in the USA!
WARRANTY STATEMENT
The Ambush Hunting Rifle carries a 100% satisfaction guarantee against defects in original materials and workmanship. If your Ambush Hunting Rifle shows evidence of such defects, Ambush Firearms will make every accommodation to fix, repair, or replace your firearm in the most expeditious and inexpensive manner possible. Ambush Firearms does not warranty products or damage caused to our products by the correct or incorrect installation of other manufacturer's products. Be sure to retain your sales slip as proof of purchase date when making a claim.

Truth is, with some folks, the more you spend on something the better it is, be they they identical to a lower priced item. This is especially true of our hobbies!
$1700+ though, wow! My box stock Colt H-BAR will shoot into a ragged 3/8" hole at 100m all day. I bought it used-as new for $625!:D

not any different than buying a high end 1911. If you can afford it then cool, but it isn't necessary at all it gives you no further tactical advantage.

Well I hope so. A high end 1911 is at the least, hand fit and the slide runs smooth when you pull it back...like butta
Now the $1700 rifle at the local shop that was made up here,or should I say built up here,still makes noise when you pull the charging handle back.
For 1700 I want it silent.
And that ,in it self, is a valid argument for DD.This local gun is a "build" literally a frankengun,not made totally by the manufacturer,or machined up here,except the lower.........for about the same money

everything has a trade off. A sloppy fit 1911 wont jam when dunked in mud.

I'll backup to say they look like a really nice rifle, there's a lot of detail put into them and a lifetime warranty and they look sexy. But you don't need to buy a Ferrari to go faster than you can handle and there's certainly nothing special about those calibers for hunting.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Any one of my Kimbers has cost as much as the Daniel Defense AR, and no, they probably aren't any better than a $800 1911. But,why not if you want it and can afford them?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I say if you can afford it then definitely get one, we only live once. I cant afford one so I start to justify it and even with the match chamber I cant.... not for hunting anyways and if I wanted to be a precision shooter I wouldn't pick those calibers. I wonder why they dont offer one in 308?

IMO in a post-lotto-win frenzy, the LaRue 20" OBR in .308 with maybe a Silencerco Saker suppressor would be a fun thing to stare at on a cold winter's night. :)
Then a quick trip to Whole (check) Foods for some $27 per pound beast and IR be a mighty hunter, indeed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top