JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So there is finally some statistics from the 6 year study from Utahs coyote bounty. Officials are unable to see any real effects from the bounty program which has paid out over half a million dollars and claims over 91,000 coyotes were turned in during the last six years, when you add in the number of pelts from trappers it could reach well over 1000,000, this is a staggering number and far above anything I was thinking of. What they did find out was the corruption and fraud from the coyote hunters was so bad that they had to implement a training program to certify hunters and set up strict check in points. Once again the average non hunter gets this ugly view from the industry. There is no real evidence that killing large numbers of coyote from bounty's and or the contests has any real effect on the populations, don't get me wrong I have no problem if you want to go to a coyote contest shoot coyotes trying to win money prizes and get a belt buckle but lets be honest now, it has nothing to do with helping the rancher and cutting down on populations that just isn't the case. So here's the report from 2018 after 6 years of the Utah bounty program.

HERE'S THE LINK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads