JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to decide on a 45, 9mm, or a 22 can. The 22 is supposed to be the cheapest and the most quiet but i feel it lacks the power i want. I wish you could try them out before you buy. The 45 would be nice because the ammo is mostly subsonic already and the 9 would be good because it's cheaper to shoot and inalready have a threaded 9mm glock. What do you guys think?

Silencerco makes a Hybrid suppressor which gives you the option to change end caps and barrel adapters to fit multiple calibers.

So: get one in.45 to start, and you could theoretically shoot almost any centerfire caliber through it. A 9 will shoot through a .45 without a whole lot of additional noise from the larger diameter hole, too.

A .22 suppressor is a dedicated design that should be able to be disassembled, due to the lead fouling that occurs with that caliber, and the cleaning that's necessary to maintain it.

With a Hybrid in .45 and a dedicated .22, two cans could cover the gamut of just about all useful calibers below .45.

Here is my take on your dilemma. I have a 30cal, .45, and 22 rimfire cans. I bought my 22 when ammo was still available and that is what I would shoot most of the time. Since I have taken possession and ammo is still hit and miss, I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It is still lots of fun to shoot and I can plink in the woods with my daughter and dog. I now shoot a lot more 223 and everytime I go shooting I bring an AR and the 30cal can gets used. I don't shoot a lot of pistol so the 45 can gets brought out less than the 30cal can but more than the 22. That might all change when my MPX SBR gets approved!!

I would get a 45 with a removable endcap if you shoot a lot of pistols. You can also build yourself a SUBSONIC 300blk and use the Silencerco can on it also.

I'm trying to decide on a 45, 9mm, or a 22 can. The 22 is supposed to be the cheapest and the most quiet but i feel it lacks the power i want. I wish you could try them out before you buy. The 45 would be nice because the ammo is mostly subsonic already and the 9 would be good because it's cheaper to shoot and inalready have a threaded 9mm glock. What do you guys think?

I currently have 4 suppressors and have 4 more in ATF jail. 2 of my current cans and two of the new ones are .22 cans. I also have a .45 TiRant and a Saker 7.62 at home.

Honestly I find the .22 cans the most enjoyable to shoot. I have a CZ455 bolt gun that is quieter than my pellet rifles by a fair margin. I really enjoy shooting suppressed .22 handguns as well. It is fun to put the big can on an AR but I find more joy in plinking with the .22 stuff.

Part of the reason I want 4 .22 suppressors is I can get the whole family out at the same time which just makes a fun day.

Personally I think no matter what else you buy in the way of suppressors a .22 can should be your first or second purchase.

Went with a .22 for my first considering it'd probably see the most use and (lack of) bang for the buck.

I'm on the hunt for a .30 now... too many choices :confused:

I think I'm gonna get a 22 can. I'll be going to sporting systems in the next day or so and check out there selection.
Any one know of a place that will let you try one out or rent one? Also I'm looking for a place that can thread a barrel at a reasonable price.

I currently have 4 suppressors and have 4 more in ATF jail. 2 of my current cans and two of the new ones are .22 cans. I also have a .45 TiRant and a Saker 7.62 at home.

Honestly I find the .22 cans the most enjoyable to shoot. I have a CZ455 bolt gun that is quieter than my pellet rifles by a fair margin. I really enjoy shooting suppressed .22 handguns as well. It is fun to put the big can on an AR but I find more joy in plinking with the .22 stuff.

Part of the reason I want 4 .22 suppressors is I can get the whole family out at the same time which just makes a fun day.

Personally I think no matter what else you buy in the way of suppressors a .22 can should be your first or second purchase.

How quiet is that 45? I've got a tacops 1911 with a threaded barrel already.

I bought a Octane45, but I had it to do over again I'd get the 9, which is a little smaller and lighter. Ever since getting it, and realizing how easy it really was, convinced me to buy a separate and perfect can for each firearm. I wouldn't get a single can that sort of works for many guns.

100% agree. I have 4 cans. Two .22 cans because 1 just isn't enough when shooting with a friend. Nothing is as quite as a suppressed bolt action rifle shooting standard velocity ammo.

Two 9mm cans for my M11-nine because nothing is cooler than shooting a suppressed submachine gun. Next can will be a .45 for my M10-45.

I'm also thinking I'd like to Form 1 a suppressor as well.

100% agree. I have 4 cans. Two .22 cans because 1 just isn't enough when shooting with a friend. Nothing is as quite as a suppressed bolt action rifle shooting standard velocity ammo.

Two 9mm cans for my M11-nine because nothing is cooler than shooting a suppressed submachine gun. Next can will be a .45 for my M10-45.

I'm also thinking I'd like to Form 1 a suppressor as well.

I wish we could have full autos here in Washington. But nnnnoooo.

How is the sound level on your 9mm can using subsonic.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top