JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to decide on a 45, 9mm, or a 22 can. The 22 is supposed to be the cheapest and the most quiet but i feel it lacks the power i want. I wish you could try them out before you buy. The 45 would be nice because the ammo is mostly subsonic already and the 9 would be good because it's cheaper to shoot and inalready have a threaded 9mm glock. What do you guys think?

Silencerco makes a Hybrid suppressor which gives you the option to change end caps and barrel adapters to fit multiple calibers.

So: get one in.45 to start, and you could theoretically shoot almost any centerfire caliber through it. A 9 will shoot through a .45 without a whole lot of additional noise from the larger diameter hole, too.

A .22 suppressor is a dedicated design that should be able to be disassembled, due to the lead fouling that occurs with that caliber, and the cleaning that's necessary to maintain it.

With a Hybrid in .45 and a dedicated .22, two cans could cover the gamut of just about all useful calibers below .45.

Here is my take on your dilemma. I have a 30cal, .45, and 22 rimfire cans. I bought my 22 when ammo was still available and that is what I would shoot most of the time. Since I have taken possession and ammo is still hit and miss, I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It is still lots of fun to shoot and I can plink in the woods with my daughter and dog. I now shoot a lot more 223 and everytime I go shooting I bring an AR and the 30cal can gets used. I don't shoot a lot of pistol so the 45 can gets brought out less than the 30cal can but more than the 22. That might all change when my MPX SBR gets approved!!

I would get a 45 with a removable endcap if you shoot a lot of pistols. You can also build yourself a SUBSONIC 300blk and use the Silencerco can on it also.

I'm trying to decide on a 45, 9mm, or a 22 can. The 22 is supposed to be the cheapest and the most quiet but i feel it lacks the power i want. I wish you could try them out before you buy. The 45 would be nice because the ammo is mostly subsonic already and the 9 would be good because it's cheaper to shoot and inalready have a threaded 9mm glock. What do you guys think?

I currently have 4 suppressors and have 4 more in ATF jail. 2 of my current cans and two of the new ones are .22 cans. I also have a .45 TiRant and a Saker 7.62 at home.

Honestly I find the .22 cans the most enjoyable to shoot. I have a CZ455 bolt gun that is quieter than my pellet rifles by a fair margin. I really enjoy shooting suppressed .22 handguns as well. It is fun to put the big can on an AR but I find more joy in plinking with the .22 stuff.

Part of the reason I want 4 .22 suppressors is I can get the whole family out at the same time which just makes a fun day.

Personally I think no matter what else you buy in the way of suppressors a .22 can should be your first or second purchase.

Went with a .22 for my first considering it'd probably see the most use and (lack of) bang for the buck.

I'm on the hunt for a .30 now... too many choices :confused:

I think I'm gonna get a 22 can. I'll be going to sporting systems in the next day or so and check out there selection.
Any one know of a place that will let you try one out or rent one? Also I'm looking for a place that can thread a barrel at a reasonable price.

I currently have 4 suppressors and have 4 more in ATF jail. 2 of my current cans and two of the new ones are .22 cans. I also have a .45 TiRant and a Saker 7.62 at home.

Honestly I find the .22 cans the most enjoyable to shoot. I have a CZ455 bolt gun that is quieter than my pellet rifles by a fair margin. I really enjoy shooting suppressed .22 handguns as well. It is fun to put the big can on an AR but I find more joy in plinking with the .22 stuff.

Part of the reason I want 4 .22 suppressors is I can get the whole family out at the same time which just makes a fun day.

Personally I think no matter what else you buy in the way of suppressors a .22 can should be your first or second purchase.

How quiet is that 45? I've got a tacops 1911 with a threaded barrel already.

I bought a Octane45, but I had it to do over again I'd get the 9, which is a little smaller and lighter. Ever since getting it, and realizing how easy it really was, convinced me to buy a separate and perfect can for each firearm. I wouldn't get a single can that sort of works for many guns.

100% agree. I have 4 cans. Two .22 cans because 1 just isn't enough when shooting with a friend. Nothing is as quite as a suppressed bolt action rifle shooting standard velocity ammo.

Two 9mm cans for my M11-nine because nothing is cooler than shooting a suppressed submachine gun. Next can will be a .45 for my M10-45.

I'm also thinking I'd like to Form 1 a suppressor as well.

100% agree. I have 4 cans. Two .22 cans because 1 just isn't enough when shooting with a friend. Nothing is as quite as a suppressed bolt action rifle shooting standard velocity ammo.

Two 9mm cans for my M11-nine because nothing is cooler than shooting a suppressed submachine gun. Next can will be a .45 for my M10-45.

I'm also thinking I'd like to Form 1 a suppressor as well.

I wish we could have full autos here in Washington. But nnnnoooo.

How is the sound level on your 9mm can using subsonic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top