JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I purchased a new TX22. I loved the ergos, weight, price and 16rd mags. The trigger and sights were nothing to write home about, but they were fine enough for casual plinking. Unfortunately, the gun was plagued with issues. The gun would constantly stovepipe, and fail to extract. Additionally, the mags had a tendency to nose dive the top round into the front of the magazine wall.

IMG_20210930_125600328_HDR.jpg

After a deep clean or 4, and struggling to give it a break in period of 500 rounds, the gun was no closer to being a reliable shooter.

The first bit of work I did was give the frame rails and feed ramp a slight fluff n buff. Nothing major, just a buffing wheel and some Mother's Mag polish to clean up some machining slop and smooth out the bearing surfaces. That actually cleared up my FTE problems. Though, the mags were still causing a significant feeding issue.

IMG_20210725_141734033.jpg IMG_20210725_142104420.jpg IMG_20210725_142113142_HDR.jpg

My solution was to completely clean them with soapy water (they had a lot of plastic debris in the mag body) and then apply some Lucas Slick Mist to all of the pieces.

IMG_20210725_143059004.jpg

With my fingers crossed and my bung hole puckered, I took it out and ran it through it's paces. My efforts payed dividends as the gun ran perfectly. Another 500 rounds of various ammo flawlessly ran through it and I figured it was a great little gun.

Fast forward a bit and I was shooting the little Bull at 100 yards. I kid you not when I say it was printing a 8-9 foot group. Thinking it may have been my sanity and skill leaving me, I took some shots at the 100y plate with my old ruger .22. I had no issues hitting the 12in plate a few times each mag and keeping the rounds all within a foot of the target.

So, I put out a paper target at 25 yards and took some shots with both guns. The ruger printed a 4in group, and the Taurus...well did not.
IMG_20210930_125755912_HDR.jpg

Key Holes!!!!!

This was with federal automatch. I tried some Remington thunderbolt at 15 yards and had much better results. I guess this little gun really hates automatch. I also shot the gun at 30 yards on paper with the thunderbolt and while the group was not great, I didn't witness any keyholing.

IMG_20210930_125814315_HDR.jpg

I do need to find a round this gun wants to be accurate with. While the gun shoots everything reliably, my best group at 25 yards was about 8in; over twice that of my ruger. Who knows, maybe that's all it wants to shoot.

Such a good shooter I've got 2.

Glad you worked out the kinks and got it running the way it should. Which is consuming large quantities of 22lr!

A while back I purchased a new TX22. I loved the ergos, weight, price and 16rd mags. The trigger and sights were nothing to write home about, but they were fine enough for casual plinking. Unfortunately, the gun was plagued with issues. The gun would constantly stovepipe, and fail to extract. Additionally, the mags had a tendency to nose dive the top round into the front of the magazine wall.

View attachment 1041765

After a deep clean or 4, and struggling to give it a break in period of 500 rounds, the gun was no closer to being a reliable shooter.

The first bit of work I did was give the frame rails and feed ramp a slight fluff n buff. Nothing major, just a buffing wheel and some Mother's Mag polish to clean up some machining slop and smooth out the bearing surfaces. That actually cleared up my FTE problems. Though, the mags were still causing a significant feeding issue.

View attachment 1041761View attachment 1041762View attachment 1041763

My solution was to completely clean them with soapy water (they had a lot of plastic debris in the mag body) and then apply some Lucas Slick Mist to all of the pieces.

View attachment 1041764

With my fingers crossed and my bung hole puckered, I took it out and ran it through it's paces. My efforts payed dividends as the gun ran perfectly. Another 500 rounds of various ammo flawlessly ran through it and I figured it was a great little gun.

Fast forward a bit and I was shooting the little Bull at 100 yards. I kid you not when I say it was printing a 8-9 foot group. Thinking it may have been my sanity and skill leaving me, I took some shots at the 100y plate with my old ruger .22. I had no issues hitting the 12in plate a few times each mag and keeping the rounds all within a foot of the target.

So, I put out a paper target at 25 yards and took some shots with both guns. The ruger printed a 4in group, and the Taurus...well did not.
View attachment 1041766

Key Holes!!!!!

This was with federal automatch. I tried some Remington thunderbolt at 15 yards and had much better results. I guess this little gun really hates automatch. I also shot the gun at 30 yards on paper with the thunderbolt and while the group was not great, I didn't witness any keyholing.

View attachment 1041767

I do need to find a round this gun wants to be accurate with. While the gun shoots everything reliably, my best group at 25 yards was about 8in; over twice that of my ruger. Who knows, maybe that's all it wants to shoot.
How's the rifling?

I'm hoping to get my hands on one soon….. in BGC. Only 10rnds here nowadays. But excited….

Was just curious if you've tried more than 2 types of rimfire through it.

If you ran full mags with every "nose dive" issue? I see that cleaning fixed that for you though.

This was with federal automatch. I tried some Remington thunderbolt

nose dive the top round into the front of the magazine wall.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top