JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello i forsee a future trade in washington state and would like to find a cheap ffl in vancouver area to do the transfer.somewhere near 20.00 just a simple trade and transfer legally.thanks in advance

hello i forsee a future trade in washington state and would like to find a cheap ffl in vancouver area to do the transfer.somewhere near 20.00 just a simple trade and transfer legally.thanks in advance

When you do an FFL transfer in WA state the FFL is required to charge sales tax on the price (or actual value) of the gun. That is state law and most in the Vancouver area are aware of the law and do charge it. FFL's in other areas don't seem to have been audited yet so they aren't collecting the taxes. This is not a new law, the DOR web page has a 2007 date on it. Mike at Brightwater Ventures ended up paying for some transfers out of his own pocket although some did cough up and pay him back.

Never paid tax on a transferred gun. Never heard of a dealer that charges it. Take trip up to Cowlitz County to 4 corners in Castle Rock if they want to do it in Clark County. They don't charge tax on transfers. $25 fee if you don't buy ammo from them. They usually don't charge if you by ammo there and their ammo prices are good.

No, I don't care what the sales tax law says.

Never paid tax on a transferred gun. Never heard of a dealer that charges it. Take trip up to Cowlitz County to 4 corners in Castle Rock if they want to do it in Clark County. They don't charge tax on transfers. $25 fee if you don't buy ammo from them. They usually don't charge if you by ammo there and their ammo prices are good.

No, I don't care what the sales tax law says.

at least we know where the law breakers are!!

Hopefully the dealers up there will get audited soon, the state needs the revenue.

at least we know where the law breakers are!!

Hopefully the dealers up there will get audited soon, the state needs the revenue.

Never paid it in King County either. Apparently Clark County is paying for the whole state. Thanks Vancouver. Welfare mothers in Tacoma are depending on you!

Seriously. Has anyone here ever actually paid a sales tax on a transfer. As in actually paid it not read about it somewhere and then ran around like you discovered something new and had to tell the whole world about your cool new discovery? If you did pay it did you go back to the same dealer afterwards?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top