JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering purchasing a CZ75 SP01 in 9mm and would like some feedback. My objective is to purchase a compact or full frame 9mm for some fun target practice. I have a compact and sub Kimber already and I want a gun with hammer as I like the trigger pull better then a hammerless gun. 9mm is the round I am picking because of the availability and price of ammo. What can you tell me about this gun from a reliability standpoint, durability, and accessories.
Thanks

I have two cz pistols. One cz 75 and the other a cz 85 combat. Both are accurate as **** out of the box without any mods at 25 yards. Both give me
2" groups. Check out CZ's custom shop in Arizona. Other than that some of the after market will be limited--but then, again, both of mine came perfect.

The sp-01 tactical is a perfect da/sa target/range gun the trigger in DA is smooth and the SA is crisp the added weight of the rail on the dust cover allows for getting back on target REALLY fast. I think the regular sp01 has a saftey and white dots while the tactical has a decocker and night sites either way would be a great choice. As far as reliability goes, I never had any issues even during break in. As far as durability goes I haven't seen any noticable wear, but then again it's a full steel frame and I run lots of oil(grease on the rails)

I've had mine for about 3 years or so now maybe more. I have to say I love it for what it is. And it sounds like you are getting into it for the right reasons. It is a range or HD gun. The standard pistol comes in DA/SA with a safety and night sights. As for reliability keep the slide clean and well lubed and you likely won't have problems. I did experience some issues with FTEs but changed to an 11# recoil spring and had no issues( it cost me all of $5 I believe).

I have a SP-01 Tactical. Reliability and durability have been 100%. I strongly recommend a custom hammer from CZ Custom. If i remember right it cost a little less than $200 and made a very noticeable improvement to both SA and DA trigger pulls. As for accessories I've replaced the fixed night sights with adjustable LPA sights and installed a set of Nill wood grips. You can even get a bayonet for this gun if you want.

Jim Donahue

I bought a po1 tactical for a friend of mine last Christmas (09) and he's put 10k rounds thru it (not kidding or exaggerating) with no real issues.
The rear night site worked loose, and the bayonet had the blade come loose or something. Other than that, its been fine. It likes double taps a lot.
It shoots fantastic. Plain and simple.

I love mine!! Its ridiculously accurate, feels very ergonomic in the hand, even with its large frame, the shape of the grips adapts well to medium sized hands. It points very naturally, and the added weight of the full rail out front makes it very easy to stay steady on point... I should it quite well, and it has become that one handgun that I let new shooters try first! My girlfriend picked it up as her first handgun, and with just a little verbal instruction, she was knocking the center out at 15 feet or so, having never picked up a handgun before.

One of the reasons I became very interested after holding one, and eventually purchase an SP-01, is the aftermarket and adaptability of the gun... they take very well to a trigger job, and are not only easy to shoot for a beginner, they also make for a highly enjoyeable range toy for an experienced shooter!

Besides... they're just plain sexy!! :s0155:

You WILL NOT be disappointed!

...in fact, you will be thrilled with it!! :s0155: I just put another 150 rounds through mine yesterday. I own, and have had the chance to fire, some pretty nice handguns. I love that SP-01, and have more fun shooting it than some of my 1911s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top