JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Problem With the FBI's 'Active Shooter' Data | RealClearPolitics

In all, the FBI claims that concealed handgun permit holders have stopped 3.2 percent of active shooter incidents.

But the bureau misses at least 23 cases where permit holders saved the day. That means they stopped 11.5 percent of active shooter incidents from 2000 to 2017. We at the Crime Prevention Research Center are more confident that we have all of the cases from 2014 to 2017, when 16.5 percent of attacks were stopped.

"Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 20% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (5%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life."

Out of all of these incidents, not one innocent bystander was injured by an armed citizen taking action against an active shooter.

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

In all, the FBI claims that concealed handgun permit holders have stopped 3.2 percent of active shooter incidents

:rolleyes:Given that almost all "Active Shooter" events occur in "Gun Free Zones", where good citizens with guns are prohibited to bring their guns but the bad-guy isn't....:rolleyes:
....I'm not in the least surprised at that ridiculously skewed statistic.

I wonder what car break-in stats are like outside gun free zones as I'm sure criminals probably realize most law abiding "carriers" are forced to leave their weapon(s) in their car?

Last Edited:
:rolleyes:Given that almost all "Active Shooter" events occur in "Gun Free Zones", where good citizens with guns are prohibited to bring their guns but the bad-guy isn't....:rolleyes:
....I'm not in the least surprised at that ridiculously skewed statistic.

I wonder what car break-in stats are like outside gun free zones as I'm sure criminals probably realize most law abiding "carriers" are forced to leave their weapon(s) in their car?

I'm always anmused by those "no guns" signs as me and my EDC walk past them and conduct our business. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top