JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've watched several TV shows where people took their babies out in the Yukon, etc. Always thought they were beyond the pale. Living the dream I guess. Stupid dream. Poor baby paid the price... sad story!!!

Well it is the ultimate sacrifice for nature huggers, to be eaten by nature. Gotta have some type of firearm to defend from those teeth and claws though. If you don't, you're just begging for a Darwin award,,,

It might sound harsh, but I have zero sympathy for clueless people going into the wrong neighborhood thinking things are honky-dory, it doesn't matter if it is in Chicago or the Yukon you're going to be eaten alive. Come prepared or stay home.

"They were, I'm 100 per cent sure, well-prepared for anything that could have happened. But, you never know."

The article doesn't say if she was armed.

Well it is the ultimate sacrifice for nature huggers

They were trappers. Not sure calling them nature hugger would be accurate.

Article made it sound like they knew what they were doing. I am sure there are a lot of families that do this in this world and in the past. Sad story to say the least but things happen when you are in the wild.

This is how books and movies like The Revenant or Moby Dick start.

This is both really sad but maybe super awesome if the guy becomes an anti hero, tracking down and avenging his family with only a knife.

I cope with humor.

It says they were well prepared and experience in the wild, but taking a walk in bear country with a small child is not a good idea.
And with a grizzly, if he wants you or you happen to spook him/she then your dead. Period.

Seems like the bear was protecting it's prey, when it charged the gentleman, upon returning to the cabin. Must've been a very difficult thing to return home and find your gal and child like that. Tragic.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top