JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Hang on this is going to get long…

I don't think I have ever posted a negative review for a company. Not because I didn't want to let others know I had a bad experience but to hopefully give them the benefit of the doubt and that maybe it was just an off day.

However, there are a few things that happened at this business that individually did not create a bad experience but rather multiple things that motivated me to make this post.

I will never do business with:

Farrow Tech or Farrow Technologies

Ever again.

I ordered a red dot mount for my Ruger MK3 and was so disappointed with what I received that I emailed and asked how to return it - more on this later.

#1. I feel that the advertisement vs what I received were intentionally misleading (I feel like I have very good reading comprehension skills and modify/fix things for a living for 28+ years now).

This is what I ordered https://farrow.tech/ruger-mk-i-ii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-mount/

This is what made me gravitate toward this part over others that uniformly were cheaper:

"
Adds only 0.050" height between optic and receiver!

Allows for removal of the front sight and picatinny rail for a clean look.

CNC machined from Aluminum and Delrin to minimize marring of the original finish."

Now I am not sure if the link to the YouTube video was there before I ordered or not but I never saw it until I asked for a refund so maybe on me but no pictures on the website show what you are buying.

What I received was a plastic 3D printed red dot base plate worth about 3-4¢ and an aluminum plate for inside the dovetail with 2 screw holes that wasn't much thicker then the coke cans I grew up with (pretty dang thin and not something I wanted to trust with a $250 sight) plus 2 small screws and a thing of red loctite (well a knockoff but red and not blue).

#2. It was a little bit sketchy when it was the flat $65.00 list that was charged to my card — no shipping or tax added.

#3. I opened the package when it arrived and immediately put it back together and emailed their contact address asking specifically what the return process was.
The entire reply email was:

No problem, just send this back with a note including your order number.

FarrowTech LLC
1400 Commerce Blvd Suite 25
Anniston, AL 36207

I paid around $8 to send the thing back and asked my wife to keep an eye on the card to let me know when it had been refunded and figured it was a $10 loss and some wasted time on my end. Not the end of the world.

#4. When my wife did tell me it had been refunded, it was not $65 it was $45 something.

Almost done if you are still reading.

#5. I emailed them back and ask why the discrepancy between what I was charged and what I was refunded.
This was the response today in its entirety:

Joe,

65 - 3% credit card fee - $5 shipping - 20% restocking fee.

This is outlined on this page: https://farrow.tech/shipping-returns/

So I'm out $30 on a POS mount and I can't even figure out how much time and effort I've put into this and at the end of my work day I just couldn't not post feedback on this situation.

I'm not loosing my house over $30 but with everything added together I am feeling a little sore where I shouldn't be :s0066:. I'm also not going to spend the time fighting about it with my credit card company but this is the kind of thing that the card is for - to cover my bubblegum if I get ripped off.

Anyway there you go. If you have bought anything from them and had a vastly different experience I would encourage you to share it. Otherwise I would recommend finding any other alternative.

Cheers and thanks if you read the whole thing lol.

Well I am sorry you got burned but, VERY glad you said something. I had seen this thing a short while back and forgot, but it was on my short list of things I was going to buy. Sure as hell looked nice.
Its really sad when someone does this but, it is also why I 100% of the time look for something new on Amazon first. Soooo damn annoying to get taken like you did. I at times will like something enough that I will order it from a site but, stories like this are what make me leery. For the cost of this I would have ordered one one day if I had not seen this.
This is why when I decided to get my feet wet with PCP's I went strait to Amazon for looking. To spend that kind of money I loved the way it could just go back if it was not what was advertised.
So sorry you got burned like that but thank you for warning the rest of us so we don't do the same damn thing.

I have also been driven to mostly Amazon buying, for the same reasons.

I would rather support small businesses but more and more it's cheaper and easy to return if needed.

Hmm. I have 2 camera-Picatinny mounts he made that are reasonably solid aluminum make and work better than the other OEM option I tried.

I have also been driven to mostly Amazon buying, for the same reasons.

I would rather support small businesses but more and more it's cheaper and easy to return if needed.
I hear you there. For many years I tried to use Amazon as a last resort for just that reason. Problem was every time I had trouble or read of others having trouble I just decided I was only punishing myself. Damn shame when someone like that asshat does that since it hurts honest people too.

While it flexes a bit as it is all polymer 3d printed, this farrow tech handgrip/picatinny stock adapter works as advertised. It was a bit expensive for a piece of plastic but works fine on my cva shorty build.

Attachments

• 3DFF0F27-ECE7-4055-8A3E-C92AD6C956AA.jpeg
    3DFF0F27-ECE7-4055-8A3E-C92AD6C956AA.jpeg
    739.3 KB · Views: 92
Yikes that sucks. Visa can charge back the $30 if it's worth it to you. In this case, the scammer never sent the advertised product, so no claim to charge any fees.

Generally I prefer processing a substandard item/service as "Please send me the actual product, we haven't received it. You sent the wrong item." which usually elicits a full refund, since they can't provide the actual item/service.

It's too bad companies get away with misrepresenting what they are really selling, but.......

I can highly recommend the OuterImpact Red Dot Mount if you can deal with the additional height over bore.

I do mechanical design work and work with Delrin ("plastic") regularly and for what that product is doing delrin is fine. Hes threading into the aluminum dovetail plate so thread strength isn't compromised with the delrin, the delrin is only acting as a spacer to level the sight on the round top upper. It would have worked and been pretty solid from what I see so far.
Note, I havent ordered one so just going off the mechanics of the design.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top