JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we are all aware of a few things. There are a lot of smart people on here and a lot of collective wisdom and many who are older and have seen more than I have (I'm 33).

Correct me on anything I'm wrong on please.

1: our POTUS has made energy exploration difficult

2: our energy developers have put their minds together and made this work with restrictions

3: fracking is expensive

4: oil drilling creates American jobs

5: the POTUS isn't responsible for falling oil prices

6: economies are slowing around the world (less demand)

7: OPEC is feeling threatened and is dumping their cheap oil flooding the market to lower the cost per barrel and put US oil out of business or lower production

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

With that said;
What's your guys (and gals) thoughts' on what's ahead for US energy production, jobs and economy.

It appears to me that we should cut importation of oil. Remove the moratorium on locations but keep the ecological balance but focus on national growth.

Your thoughts?

Don't confuse me as someone smart:D I am cynical in nature and believe most things happen due to politics. Oil prices could be falling due to Russia moving into the Ukraine or like you say to stop the drilling. Price of oil is still falling.

Country runs on the energy that oil produces so cheap energy should help the economy but at the same time you have the obamacare tax stealing what savings we get by cheap oil. Prices should go down but they will drop very slowly as people will take advantage of cheap oil to profit and make some money back after getting screwed the last six years.

Cheap oil won't stop the fear in this economy, people are smart enough to fear what is being done to the nation.o_O

Russia NEEDS $100+ a barrel oil to keep its economy afloat. Putin is hemorrhaging money ATM, and he's just the type to escalate armed conflict in geographical areas that will cause speculators in oil futures to drive the price back up.

The Islamic efforts to establish a "caliphate", and the "war on terror" has made some very powerful people (on all sides) a LOT of money.

My prediction? I don't Know nuthin' other than the regular working man at the bottom of the totem pole will be screwed, eventually, by the people that have the oil.

Do I win something?

OK, but remember that you asked. Time to put on your tin foil hat...

1. The POTUS has done nothing but implement the will of the people who put him in office for the benefit of the people who put him in office - hint: it isn't We The People.

2 - 4. Oil is fracking expensive. Producing oil in the USA helps to create jobs in China. Perhaps that would be easier to understand if I point out that three (3) of the ways that you know when you are a colony are;
a. Your country exports its raw materials.
b. Your country imports its manufactured products.
c. Your countries local work force is being displaced by foreign workers.

We export coal and oil. Virtually nothing is manufactured in the USA and is imported from elsewhere. Tell me that every fracking oil job in North Dakota is held by an American citizen...

5. The POTUS isn't responsible for anything - unless it is successful, desirable, popular, and likely to fix the attention of those easily fascinated by shiny objects. For you to suggest he is responsible for anything else is judgmental and insensitive. You should immediately seek counseling from the diversity coordinator in the HR office where you work - afterwards, you can get together with your coworkers for a sensitivity encounter and hold hands while you skip through fields of daises under a bright and shiny rainbow while humming Kumbaya and gathering clover to feed to the @&$#*! unicorns... grrrrr...

6. Yup. A condition achieved in consumer based economies when the the consumer can't afford to consume as much as their Betters think they should. The solution is to punish the consumers - the axiom, "The beatings will continue until moral improves" applies here. Can you believe the gall of some people? How dare they not spend money they don't have on things they don't need? How are corporate executives expected to continue receiving multimillion dollar bonuses under these conditions? Unbelievable...

7. The original OPEC countries were comprised of Middle Eastern nations - i.e.; Arabic. Since the days of Saladin, the Arabs haven't been able to agree on anything except their hatred of Israel - and we just accept that out of the clear blue sky they agreed to link the viability of their national economies to a price fixing scheme involving a trust relationship with people they hate almost as much as Israel? I find the notion they came together on this of their own accord to be rather dubious.

IMHO, the price of Oil has nothing to do with its value. I have come to the conclusion that Oil, i.e.; "Energy", but especially oil, is being used as an "economic stabilizer" in the Global (i.e.; Planned) Economy. If you will remember, gas prices tanked (no pun intended) for no apparent reason shortly after the economy did back in '08. I hold that was to keep the economy from entering free-fall. Current Oil prices are simply "weaponized" - i.e.; artificially conjured with the aim of damaging the Russian economy. How dare they think of themselves as a sovereign nation and act in their own best interests. Sheesh...

The future? Every day will be a holiday, every meal a feast, a true reflection of the glory of the life on The Global Consumer Plantation that our Betters have in mind for us. But you might want to keep stockpiling ammunition - just in case I'm worng...

Anyway, there's my .02. You were warned. Send frags to...

>>>--- Frauhunter --->

Ex Gladio Libertas

1: our POTUS has made energy exploration difficult

Nope. Been a libtard agenda for a long time. He would not know energy exploration from trying to find the hood weed dealer.

2: our energy developers have put their minds together and made this work with restrictions

The only reason it worked for a while is because the cost to extract oil sands was less than importing the light sweet form Saudi. Once the oil hit's a certain price, then the imported oil becomes more profitable. The accountants make these decisions.

3: fracking is expensive

Was. See above post.

4: oil drilling creates American jobs

Short term jobs. When the sands get shut down, those jobs leave. See Alaska pipeline.

5: the POTUS isn't responsible for falling oil prices

Nope. the Saudis are.

6: economies are slowing around the world (less demand)

More demand than ever for energy. Putin will not start anything, he don't have enough jack to buy a pizza, let alone finance a war or incursion.

7: OPEC is feeling threatened and is dumping their cheap oil flooding the market to lower the cost per barrel and put US oil out of business or lower production

OPEC is threatened by no one. They control the worlds oil supply. When the US makes a find and starts to extract it out, the Saudis dump the price of the oil, the oil company execs take a dump on the oil sands, since they can now go back to Saudi crude and make 2 times the money. So much for "energy independence". It is all about maximum profit.

It appears to me that we should cut importation of oil. Remove the moratorium on locations but keep the ecological balance but focus on national growth.

This has been cited every year for the last 45 or so years. As a young man of 33, you were not around when the oil companies jammed a big nozzle up the public's a@@ and shut the oil off and we had allocation and rationing in 1977. Googgle that up and see what that was like. Lines blocks long to get gas and people pushing cars to the gas station. That shi@ would never fly today, so they have to manipulate it differently.[/quote]

Last Edited:
Thanks for the responses everyone.

CoastRange57, yeah I made sure I included my age because I don't have the experience from the rationing days.

I appreciate the insight.

Henry Ford originally intended his cars to run on Ethanol, kerosene and gasoline so that owners could make their own fuel if they wanted/needed to. Farmers could build a still and basically "feed" their model T's what they were feeding their horses.
I sometimes wonder if prohibition was less about the "Devil Gin" and more about removing the ability for people to make their own fuel.

I remember when gas (real leaded gas) was 29 cents a gallon, diesel was 19 cents a gallon.
That was back in the mid to late 60's (can't remember the exact date).
I remember I could fill up the Mustang, get 2 packs of Marlboro's, a 6 pack of beer and get change back from a $20 bill....Now 2 packs of smokes cost almost $20, not to mention the cost of fuel and the beer = $100 today!!!

And I remember my Mother telling me when bread was a nickle a loaf..... HA

Man dad says it has something to do with Russia.
But I'd love to be able to talk to JR Ewing about this.
Yea I will admit, I was a Dallas fan. Still am! Remember when JR started a war in the Middle East to help his biz?
Classic.

I remember when gas (real leaded gas) was 29 cents a gallon, diesel was 19 cents a gallon.
That was back in the mid to late 60's (can't remember the exact date).
I remember I could fill up the Mustang, get 2 packs of Marlboro's, a 6 pack of beer and get change back from a $20 bill....Now 2 packs of smokes cost almost $20, not to mention the cost of fuel and the beer = $100 today!!!

And I remember my Mother telling me when bread was a nickle a loaf..... HA
I'd like to have you around longer. Ditch the smokes. No preaching here

I remember I could fill up the Mustang, get 2 packs of Marlboro's, a 6 pack of beer and get change back from a $20 bill.

This had to have been universal around the country. The local Flying A station filled up the Mustang, 1 pack of Old Gold smokes, a can of chew, and a dime bag if you wanted from the attendant. Across the street to the Tastee Freeze for a double cheese burger and Tastee fries. Finish that off at the corner grocery with a six pack of The Bull Schlitz malt liquor, a bottle of Annie Green Springs or Strawberry Hill for the ladies and we were off...maybe $ 30. Already had my styrofoam cooler and ice in the trunk of the Mustang, usually with a 12 gauge shotgun and steeelhead pole in there as well. That was an average Friday night, sometimes carrying over to Saturday night, and Sunday morning if things went well.

This had to have been universal around the country. The local Flying A station filled up the Mustang, 1 pack of Old Gold smokes, a can of chew, and a dime bag if you wanted from the attendant. Across the street to the Tastee Freeze for a double cheese burger and Tastee fries. Finish that off at the corner grocery with a six pack of The Bull Schlitz malt liquor, a bottle of Annie Green Springs or Strawberry Hill for the ladies and we were off...maybe $ 30. Already had my styrofoam cooler and ice in the trunk of the Mustang, usually with a 12 gauge shotgun and steeelhead pole in there as well. That was an average Friday night, sometimes carrying over to Saturday night, and Sunday morning if things went well.
Moral of the story.....it wasn't that things were cheaper, money went further back then. Stick market is great today. Gas in down. Rates are down. But inflation is the greatest kept secret of this administrations 2014 year.

It must have been because I grew up in the South!!!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top