JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I imagine most are familiar with the Ruger SP101, I have an original config 2-1/4" model that I want to get rid of, that I bought new in 1998. Fired (.38cal) maybe 300 rounds? Condition is 97-98%+ I figure, cleaned/oiled and put away. Everything as new is included. I don't shoot it, so figure to off it and get something I will shoot.

I would have to look, as there are several boxes of shells, along with some spent casings.
Someone posted the same model here in the classifieds, I think for $450? I think that's a little low?

I wouldn't mind hearing from those that know the firearm, what I should ask for it.

Last Edited:
I imagine I have a couple hundred in shells for it. I'll absorb a little, just not tossing it in as a free be either. Come to think of it, I have a couple OWB holsters for it..somewhere. the only time I carried it was when we traveled.

Since I've had Glocks, I would get a Gen4 G17 or G34 with the funds :D

Last Edited:
Is this a 38 Special gun, or an early 357 Mag?
The 38 Special is worth what's posted above. If it's an early 125gr only 357, there are collectors that are looking for it and it MAY bring a bit more.

OK seriously, a SP101 isn't thee most in demand gun out there. I would say $400 on the high end.
I have had a couple before and the last one was a foot off at about 20 yards
I personally wouldn't consider one

OK seriously, a SP101 isn't thee most in demand gun out there. I would say $400 on the high end.
And what does that have to do with the OP's question? I've seen a lot of people who couldn't shoot a snubbie worth a sh*t, but that's not the guns fault.

Meaning = Sell it for $400..and you'll take it.
You're outta your mind :rolleyes:

And what does that have to do with the OP's question? I've seen a lot of people who couldn't shoot a snubbie worth a sh*t, but that's not the guns fault.
The 101 I had shot 2 feet off at 20 yards ...rested on a table and bags. The older snubbie Ruger I had shot dead on at the same distance. I can shoot a snub nose accurately;)
Again they aren't the first handgun "I" would go for
Meaning = Sell it for $400..and you'll take it.
You're outta your mind :rolleyes:
And no,I would even buy it for $400. I couldn't sell it at a show for more than that so why would I? And i can get better guns at that price
Anything else?

Buds price jumps around. Last week Sp101 at buds sold for 513.00 this week its 533.00. I think 400- 425 is a good price for a used one. Any higher and I would buy a new gun

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top