JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone gotten emails like this lately:

Dear Andy,

Someone has tried to log into your account on NorthwestFirearms.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 68.68.xxx.xx

This has happened 4 times in the last few days. They usually take place between 12am and 5am (while I am sleeping). Strange that someone is trying to break into my account. It's not like I have any personal information here.

Anyone had this trouble lately?

There are 4 usernames that start with "Andy" on the board. Maybe one of them was making an honest mistake and typing in the wrong user name. Maybe one of the Mods can check the IP list and find who has an IP starting with 68.68... and amend the problem :s0155:

I was wondering about that too. That would be the best outcome. Like I said, I can't imagine why anyone would want to try to break into my account here. I suppose they could try to ruin my trade ratings. :)

You can't always tell where someone is by IP. You can find out which ISP owns that block of IP addresses, and the ISP will log who has it, but now so much is satellite. It might be that only the ISP knows and they might not tell you without a warrant.

If someone uses any one of the global satellite internet connections...

Also, If I were trying to hack user accounts on websites, I'd use a bot and hit thousands of accounts in seconds.

I'd also mask or spoof my IP address by one of several means. So, if it's some script kiddie who knows a few things, good luck. If it's an individual who's not very knowledgeable trying to bust into another member's account to play Halloween tricks, that's another deal. You'll catch them.

Also, I could travel all over the world and show the same IP address even though I have wired broadband. I'd just use a secure tunnel back to the home servers, log in, access my terminal, and go out from there. I'd use my home terminal remotely.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top