JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this guy talk on CSPAN today, He talked about how Kristallnacht, also referred to as the Night of Broken Glass, was preceded by a gun registration. Then of course a confiscation for the Jews. Some of them WWI vets! 20 years in prison if a Jew was caught with a gun! Of course they should have kept them as we know now.

Stephen Halbrook on His New Book "Gun Control in the Third Reich"

Just a little info as some are trying to debunk Hitler and gun control lately.

one of the arguments against the fact, is that gun control laws in Germany was actually lessened prior to WWII. This in part is true... to everyone but the jews. Its that little tiny last part the antis always leave out. In fact the 1938 German Weapons Act while loosening the laws slightly for every one else actually created tighter gun control laws specifically discriminating against the jews. Its also worth noting that gun registration was mandatory....

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_le...ial_relaxation_of_gun_control_in_Nazi_Germany

one of the arguments against the fact, is that gun control laws in Germany was actually lessened prior to WWII. This in part is true... to everyone but the jews. Its that little tiny last part the antis always leave out. In fact the 1938 German Weapons Act while loosening the laws slightly for every one else actually created tighter gun control laws specifically discriminating against the jews. Its also worth noting that gun registration was mandatory....

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_le...ial_relaxation_of_gun_control_in_Nazi_Germany
So my problem is how 1938 Germany and the use of gun control to imprison Jews later, equates to America today. There is no way I'm convinced that one ethnicity/religion is going to be singled out today as far as gun restrictions. And no way to make the gun grabbers concerned about this bit of German history in their quest for total UBCs and thus mandatory gun registration.

Gun grabbers might have a problem permitting new laws if those laws allowed only a small group left owning guns!
Who is singled out or restricted now, or soon to be with today's and future guns laws?

> MENTALLY ILL (definition vague) depression?, paranoid about the govt., senile?

> FELONS, violent or not.

> MINORITIES, they can't be expected to show I.D. to vote, a background check would be equally problematic. (just a little sarcasm) but could be an argument to an anti I guess?

> LOW I.Q. people. If classes/tests become law, only smart people will get guns.

> POOR. Expanded B.G. check price increases and classes, storage and inspection costs, costs of advanced smart gun technology etc. if certain politicians get their way? Owning a gun could get too pricey for some.

The list is endless if you account for laws some people want. My question is, who would be the few privileged enough to be able to keep a gun in the utopia the gun grabbers think will be, if they get their way? Would the group of gun owners left bother, worry, scare or be distasteful to the antis?

No it wouldnt worry them because the only ones left would be the govt and police. The heart and soul of the anti movement is total civilian disarmament.

I do hear what your saying but think you might be looking in the wromg direction. Perhaps The only way the antis will back down is when gun violence in the U.S. drops to some percieved acceptable level.... basically unrealistic standard. Make no mistake the antis will not stop either, even if their utopia could be reached.

The only people were going to reach is the middle ground, and the big one they dont think about much is their own self defense.... when they realise what that means many get concerned that no matter how bad bubblegum they are they arent invincible and so when they see how they would no longer have the option to arm themselves as they see fit it becomes clearer how gun control is an infringement of rights....

No it wouldnt worry them because the only ones left would be the govt and police. The heart and soul of the anti movement is total civilian disarmament.
Also of course the bad guys who never follow the law as well as 2nd Amendment types who will not turn in quite everything, and are waiting for the right moment to ?............ Quite a mix!
The antis call these people Tea Partiers, Rednecks, brainwashed NRA types, racists, insane paranoid etc.. and they are contemptuous and afraid of them at the same time.
I know, these antis don't think rationally and live on their emotions but I think a point could be made like this.

Step one, just like 1938 Germany, guns become VERBOTTEN for in this case many groups of people.

Step two, the unarmed public who complies because they agree with gun control or fear of being jailed is defenseless against who? The very people they hate the most.

Step three, the Tea Partiers, Rednecks, brainwashed NRA types, racists, insane paranoid types take over by force and rule the land.

Far fetched? yes, but what fun you could have discussing this with your anti gun workmate!

My bad, its been a busy week and I couldn't get back online to keep up with the conversation.

Kinda starting over...
there is that saying that those that fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them. Since the Jews were liberated in WWII, genocide still goes on, look at what ISIS is doing right now. Do the Iraqi citizens have any right to arms?

Then there is the counter argument that it cant happen here in the US.... I ask who says the 2A hasn't prevented it from even being thought of? The entire bill of rights is a huge blockaid to overcome and it all falls apart if you take one component away....

IRAQ- Citizens are allowed to have a Select fire AK-47 for home protection with limited ammunition according to Wikipedia.
Maybe that's what's keeping the Muslim brotherhood or whoever, from easily and completely taking over and installing the Theocracy they so desperately want. They must not be following the Nazi playbook.

An article from 2012
Shock at Iraq Gun Law
In a country plagued by violence, legalising firearms ownership looks like a step in the wrong direction.
http://iwpr.net/report-news/shock-iraq-gun-law

Shwan Mohammed, a Kurdish representative who sits on the Iraqi parliament's defence and security committee, told IWPR that the decision would "reignite civil war and bring about a deterioration in security, as happened in 2006 and 2007" – a reference to the internecine warfare between Shia and Sunni Arabs which resulted in tens of thousands of deaths.

What would be happening now if civilian guns were out of the picture for just one side in Iraq or America?

Interesting to learn Iraqi citizens can have arms but how come I'm not reading anything in the news that they are putting up a resistance to ISIS? If some group like ISIS took action anywhere in the US all hell would break loose.

Interesting to learn Iraqi citizens can have arms but how come I'm not reading anything in the news that they are putting up a resistance to ISIS? If some group like ISIS took action anywhere in the US all hell would break loose.

The problem with Iraq/Afghanistan is Patriotism. The locals there don't have it...they don't care who is in power, they don't care as long as nobody is sticking a gun in their face telling them what to do at that time.

This is why many of them run when bullets are fired or simply don't care enough to be awake and at their posts. The threat is real, and they know it, they just don't care.

So none of the men in this video cared to resist with their select fire autos when they were rounded up for slaughter?

http://therightscoop.com/horrible-isis-murders-1500-pows-in-a-brutal-display-of-violence-nsfw/

Maybe a handful...the rest were probably caught burning their uniforms behind their house.
I'd rather die as a sheepdog than be slaughtered like a lamb...this mentality is lost on a civilization that will kill each other over a few dollars but treats women and children like property.

The Middle East is a culturally immature society. They've remained the same way since the Middle Ages...now they have RPGs and AKs and are still acting the same (tribal warlord mentality over government). If we had live streaming internet when the Kurds were being eradicated you would literally see history repeating itself in Iraq- just with a different flag and warlord.

ISIS is a powerful and extremist entity...nevertheless, nothing that they're doing is new. We knew that when we pulled out of the Middle East extremism would flourish. The schools, hospitals and police stations would be burned to the ground and their "constitution" would be exchanged for Sharia Law.

If you didn't know this, or expected the USA to remain in Iraq/Afghanistan indefinitely like in South Korea, you are a fool and need to shut off Fox/CNN/MSNBC and open a book or two. You also cannot complain about the rising cost of living, how our veterans are being treated and how we should be intervening in Iraq in the same breath.

I, too, would love to see every single Jihadist meet his maker...but I also don't think one American life is worth 100 Iraqi lives. Innocent or not, they need to fight for their own country and they will never respect us for "freeing" them.

I have to admit a lack of understanding when it comes to Iraq. I know the current border lines were drawn by the English and French in that screwed up area of the world in or around WWI? That started a lot of the problems I guess.
Iraq used to be in a war with Iran. As for who has guns as opposed to who can have guns?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top