JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped it at 1:59, didn't want to listen anymore. We already see/saw it all in PDX first hand before, during and after the election, to the current time, and nothing will change it to going into the future.

Just one more thing to make me feel fortunate to be over 60.

Every older generation thinks every younger generation is a waste of skin
and they will destroy the country.
It is one of the few constants in the universe.
The millennials will grow up and have kids and then call them a waste of skin
and by golly they are going to destroy our country.
Rinse and repeat.
Old folks always have all the answers. Don't we.................:confused:

Stopped it at 1:59, didn't want to listen anymore. We already see/saw it all in PDX first hand before, during and after the election, to the current time, and nothing will change it to going into the future.

Just one more thing to make me feel fortunate to be over 60.
Then you missed the best of it...

Every older generation thinks every younger generation is a waste of skin
and they will destroy the country.
It is one of the few constants in the universe.
The millennials will grow up and have kids and then call them a waste of skin
and by golly they are going to destroy our country.
Rinse and repeat.
Old folks always have all the answers. Don't we.................:confused:

Exactly. There's writings from ancient Greece where the old folks are lamenting how awful the young generation is. No manners, dress funny, don't want to work, etc.

If I were an older person looking at the young me I would have predicted me ending up in a gutter somewhere or maybe prison, certainly nothing like I turned out.

Let's make sure we clarify "some" because I'm often lumped into that category... I'm also lumped into the category that's one generation older and I sure as crap don't represent the millennial.

I disagree with the over-generization that ALL millennials are as this guy describes them. Yes, many are, but not all.

It's hard to not sound like bragging, but my 2 millennials turned out pretty good. My son is a mechanical engineer at Boeing. He graduated college with zero debt and I didn't pay for it either. He is respectful and I'm sure you'd enjoy shooting with him.

My daughter graduated college in 3 years with 2 majors and with honors. Also no debt and I didn't pay for her school either. She's almost finished her masters in early intervention special education. Not many would spend the time and effort she has to do this work. I know I wouldn't/couldn't.

We put a lot of effort into raising good citizens. We taught them that they could have anything they wanted IF they were willing to work to get it. They weren't just given everything. They learned a good work ethic and the value of eduction.

I'm an electrician. We have millennial apprentice electricians. They don't fit the picture this guy paints either. The reason is that if they were, they wouldn't be apprentices very long.

Last Edited:
Im between 25 and 30, I'm not sure what age range classifies as a millennial, but I can tell you what the problem is for the majority of the city dweller ones.

Children are a product of their parents. If you want to know what is the matter with millennials, look at the parents that raised them.

A bunch of participation trophy giving, sheltering, helicopter parents, expecting no hard work or effort from their children and just want them to be happy and enjoy life and giving everything to them as much as they can and telling them that they deserve even more.

At no point in these snowflakes lives have they ever had to work hard for anything, they are actually opposed to working hard and think that their organic, vegan, gluten free, fair trade and way overpriced coffee helps make them intellectually superior to the generations before them, even though the majority of them have no marketable skills to speak of that could not be easily replaced and that is why they are so upset, because they want to be paid 60+K right out of college for their worthless degree that they got loans to get and don't understand that unless you are Chelsea Clinton, you actually have to have some skills that produce value in order to be paid more than minimum wage.

I graduated college (UW Seattle) with a basic arts degree because I had no idea what to study, became a bank teller making $13 a hour after I graduated. You don't need a degree for that job, but because I worked hard and applied myself and proved myself with success on a regular basis, After several promotions I was a branch manager within 3 years of starting at the bank making $25 an hour plus incentives which could be a couple thousand every quarter.

Now I've decided I want to be an educator and am going back to school to achieve that goal.

Long story short: the world owes you nothing, you have to work hard for everything, and life will kick you even when you are down so you need to save well and make smart decisions with your life because there is no "reset" button.

All these losers that are my peers and younger are suffering from having parents who never have them real responsibilities and expected real work out of their children. Those children get to the real world as young adults and then their feelings can't handle the world and need everything coated in sugar because they are so dam soft.

If you want the next generations to not be complete wastes of skin, don't make their lives easy and don't take it easy on them, make them work for things and teach them that they will not win everything but they must never give up despite that fact. Love them, but don't spoil them.

Taking back this country starts with creating a strong future generation to do it with, this great country is only ever 1 generation away from destruction.

I disagree with the over-generization that ALL millennials are as this guy describes them. Yes, many are, but not all.

It's hard to not sound like bragging, but my 2 millennials turned out pretty good. My son is a mechanical engineer at Boeing. He graduated college with zero debt and I didn't pay for it either. He is respectful and I'm sure you'd enjoy shooting with him.

My daughter graduated college in 3 years with 2 majors and with honors. Also no debt and I didn't pay for her school either. She's almost finished her masters in early intervention special education. Not many would spend the time and effort she has to do this work. I know I wouldn't/couldn't.

We put a lot of effort into raising good citizens. We taught them that they could have anything they wanted IF they were willing to work to get it. They weren't just given everything. They learned a good work ethic and the value of eduction.

I'm electrician. We have millennial apprentice electricians. They don't fit the picture this guy pictures either. The reason is that if they were, they wouldn't be apprentices very long.
I don't think he's lumping them all together.. and I don't either. You are obviously a good responsible parent. Many are not. The worst being the absent, not just physically, but emotionally, disappearing themselves into social media, and leaving thier kids to be raised within it as well. Other parents have good intentions, but do more harm than good when coddling thier children leaving them unprepared for the reality of life.
It is all about preparation for what they are going to face in the real world. My kids are in high school, and considered post millennial, or generation Z. both are honor students, and understand that nothing is going to be given to them. We have faced a lot of financial and health issues over the last 5 years, and while they have never gone without anything they need, they are far from spoiled. They are lucky enough to be raised in a stable home with parents that consider thier well being our number 1 priority. and we are always available to them. Some say a large portion of thier generation is even more misguided... time will tell.

As far as your apprentices.. that is another issue that we are facing. Nationally there is a shortage of tradesman, Those that choose to peruse a trade are already outside the type of millennial that this video discusses... They obviously have realistic expectations and were raised with a work ethic.

I don't mean to profile an entire generation, but the term "millennial" sort of represents the misguided young adults the guy is referring to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top