JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took out a rifle that hasn't been shot in months. Had it at least 6 yrs. Never a problem has a budget 3lb trigger for over a year and a Toolcraft nickel boron BCG. This is a Stag Arms. Everything else is factory.

So out of 2 1/2 mags of factory 55gr brass, at least 10 light primer strikes. I thought I might have been riding the trigger but even after deliberate pulls I get a FTF and a dimple on the unfired round.

I didn't think at the time to swap out lowers to eliminate that. Was thinking more of an enhanced firing pin but I don't know if that isn't the problem will it drive the pin too far? I don't hear much talk on those for a standard AR15. Saw some advertised in Google.

Confirm your hammer spring is correctly orientated.

image004.jpg

This is a cassette style trigger. I believe it is an Ultra Match from Delta Team Tactical. I've had it several years and have swapped it in other rifles over time. It was in the $90-120 range.

Pull the trigger harder?

Did you make sure no gunk was gumming up the channel?

^^ Yes, was making deliberate pulls on the trigger. The rifle was clean-ish, but I did pull the BCG, wipe off and throw a little extra lube on it. This didn't make a difference. As I stated, this trigger has been on a few of my rifles already but it doesn't have an extreme round count.

Next time out I will try another lower then also another BCG and see which area has the problem. I won't be able to get back out for a few weeks. Too bad Oregon makes it illegal to loan your gun to a trusted friend. I know a few people who could take it out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top