JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of an engraver in the Albany area to get my info engraved on my SBR'd lower? Going to call some of the trophy shops tomorrow. It's currently just a stripped lower, I'm sure most won't even know what they are engraving...

I would support BYE engraving if you are headed to Portland for whatever reason. Nice folks, super easy transaction, and they let you in the shop area to watch.

Trophy shop or Machine-shop would be the other places I'd look.

I used Art Plus Signs & Designs on geary st and queen, for some wedding engraving, they did glass and our metal cutlery, if I get one engraved I will probably ask them since they are real close to me and also I know they have a laser engraver.

Got my lower back from Jano's Trophies in Albany today.
He did manage to engrave the trigger area (other companies refuse or charge more for this).
I wouldn't say I'm impressed, but he got the job done. Only charged $20, took him a week.
But, he only accepts cash, store doesn't look very professional, he was "gone for lunch" for over an hour today when I came into town to pick up the lower...
I suppose I would use him again, mainly for cost and convenience.

Photo%20Dec%2007%208%2037%2041%20PM_zpsqg0yiqf7.jpg

While I can't speak on the validity of whether or not the engraving happened in a legal manner. A normal gunsmith (Type 01) can work on an NFA firearm, they need not be a SOT (07/02 being the most common). While gunsmithing does not require a Form 5 (tax-free transfer, two needed if you want it back), it is recommended by the ATF. Also if you are using someone who has a laser engraver, verify they are meeting the .003" minimum depth requirement.

Didn't even take these things into account... lesson learned.
Also, I confirmed the minimum depth requirement would be meet before having the work done.
In the future IF I use him again, I will maintain that I have to be present for the engraving.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top