JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took my oldest boy shooting up at Wolf Creek today. It was crowded and up to the last lane we went, hoping to do some shooting at 100 yards. We were pretty disappointed when we saw two guys shooting, but they motioned that it was okay to set up next to them. As we got out of the vehicle, one asked if we had ear pro in before he shot, which I thought was pretty respectful. As my son and I were laying out our rifles and ammo cans on the barricade, my jaw dropped when I realized that while I brought plenty of mags, I left every last bit of 223 ammo back at home. The guy to my left caught on and tossed me a box of 20 rounds and said don't worry about paying. They started wrapping up so my son and I went to set up targets. We get back to the barricade and there was another 30 rounds that the other guy tossed us. Besides being grateful the ammo, my son got to see an example of a couple of strangers doing a pretty cool deed. Contradicting the portrayal of gun owners by the media, I think most of us are pretty stand up guys.

Lots of good people out there:). I was fishin up at Merwin and a guy trolled up to me and said he forgot his shoepeg corn:(. I gave him a ziplock full:D

Took my oldest boy shooting up at Wolf Creek today. It was crowded and up to the last lane we went, hoping to do some shooting at 100 yards. We were pretty disappointed when we saw two guys shooting, but they motioned that it was okay to set up next to them. As we got out of the vehicle, one asked if we had ear pro in before he shot, which I thought was pretty respectful. As my son and I were laying out our rifles and ammo cans on the barricade, my jaw dropped when I realized that while I brought plenty of mags, I left every last bit of 223 ammo back at home. The guy to my left caught on and tossed me a box of 20 rounds and said don't worry about paying. They started wrapping up so my son and I went to set up targets. We get back to the barricade and there was another 30 rounds that the other guy tossed us. Besides being grateful the ammo, my son got to see an example of a couple of strangers doing a pretty cool deed. Contradicting the portrayal of gun owners by the media, I think most of us are pretty stand up guys.

I like hearing stuff like this. Great that other shooters look out for each other.

wow thats awesome! i would have done the same! good to know theres still good people out there!! a lot of people trash the place and then leave.

when im shootin in the woods, i never have all my mags empty at any given time... personal safety reasons.

when im shootin in the woods, i never have all my mags empty at any given time... personal safety reasons.
Same here. Even though I was always run a few mags my daily carry firearm at the range, I also keep a loaded mag in my front left pocket just in case. A rifle is obviously ideal should something happen in the woods, but 10 rounds of 9mm is better than a sharp stick

It's nice to hear!! Was totally thinking it would go other way.

As for ammo I always have more than I can shoot with me in the woods plus spare guns and my daily carry.

Never know when you will run into shady people o_O

wow thats awesome! i would have done the same! good to know theres still good people out there!! a lot of people trash the place and then leave.

I keep my loaded 1911 on my belt at all times when shooting on public land.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews