JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard about this on a podcast the other day. I don't know a lot of the details but it seems like it's basically a really good/fast surge protector? For someone concerned about emp it's kind of a game changer if it actually works. They have a Christmas sale right now plus on the website prepping2-0.com there's a 50$ off code (not sure if both can be used at the same time). There's also an interview on that podcast that gives more details. Has anyone seen anything like this? EMP Protection & Defense Technology | EMP Shield

Looks like someone took the entire EPRI report out of context.

This won't do bubblegum for E1 and E2 waveforms as they induce voltages 'inside your device'.

My guns are all emp proof, so....

Yup, all of our guns are as well: the optics, not so much. Curious if all of your safes are old style manual dials or if they are electronic.........cause if it's electronic and we get hit with an EMP or solar flare, getting to all of those EMP proof guns with no powertools might be entertaining.

Looks like someone took the entire EPRI report out of context.

This won't do bubblegum for E1 and E2 waveforms as they induce voltages 'inside your device'.
I take it that the product assumes most/all damage would come from a surge through the grid and stop that surge.
I always had in my mind that a surge would come through the air and hit everything, is that what you mean? This wouldn't do anything to stop that.
The implication is that an unplugged device is just as protected from an emp, but I don't think the prevailing thought is that unplugged devices are safe. But it does make sense that they would be much safer (from a surge through the grid).

Why would this work on a car or something not connected to the grid though?

Yup, all of our guns are as well: the optics, not so much. Curious if all of your safes are old style manual dials or if they are electronic.........cause if it's electronic and we get hit with an EMP or solar flare, getting to all of those EMP proof guns with no powertools might be entertaining.
Dialed in. Always.

Killers.

On my threat list, EMP is two slots above aliens and sasquatch.

Its POSSIBLE, but if it does hit my area, the electronics I could protect wouldn't make that much difference.

I don't have emp shield, I do have a faraday can for my devices and extra chargers and solar chargers/radios etc, handhelds etc in the can..

If the event is a natural solar event, and one time, I should have some protection. If it is multiple nukes at different times (probably would be unless they all have a magical timer on them to detonate at the same distance and time) Then there will be compromises..

I am curious if the vehicle emp shield would protect just the vehicle or also it's contents?

What if a guy had an ammo can that was connected to his car via a ground and then had all kinds of electronics and stuff in the ammo can? Would that device cover all of it?

Apparently the EMP shield devices are rated a-ok for MIL-STD-188-125-1,MIL-STD-464C, MIL-STD-461-G, RS-105 (90,000 Volts) Tests.

Even if we have an emp and have hardened our homes, isn't the power grid just as vunerable to crashing? Would not be of any benefit to have aok home electronics and no power in the grid to pull.... Unless you have hardwired your generator into your home. Then the neighbors will come a knocking when they figure it out.

Last Edited:
I am very skeptical that these products work as promoted on that website. What real-world testing has been done? How did they conduct an EMP-impacting test? Of what magnitude of EMP? Any independent testing, or verification of the manufacturer's testing? They seem to want a lot of money for their devices.

I believe the risks from an EMP are real and the impacts could be highly variable (low to extreme). I have a few electronics in the gun safe, and a few electronics in a fat-50 ammo can. The ammo can has sections of cardboard box on the inside to act as a potential layer of 'insulation' so nothing directly contacts the metal of the ammo can. That is it for me. I'm along for the ride for the other impacts, and would rather spend/invest funds on other tangibles such as food and supplies.

1575811484816.png

I don't have emp shield, I do have a faraday can for my devices and extra chargers and solar chargers/radios etc, handhelds etc in the can..

If the event is a natural solar event, and one time, I should have some protection. If it is multiple nukes at different times (probably would be unless they all have a magical timer on them to detonate at the same distance and time) Then there will be compromises..

I am curious if the vehicle emp shield would protect just the vehicle or also it's contents?

What if a guy had an ammo can that was connected to his car via a ground and then had all kinds of electronics and stuff in the ammo can? Would that device cover all of it?

Apparently the EMP shield devices are rated a-ok for MIL-STD-188-125-1,MIL-STD-464C, MIL-STD-461-G, RS-105 (90,000 Volts) Tests.

Even if we have an emp and have hardened our homes, isn't the power grid just as vunerable to crashing? Would not be of any benefit to have aok home electronics and no power in the grid to pull.... Unless you have hardwired your generator into your home. Then the neighbors will come a knocking when they figure it out.

If everyone else is sol it would not matter with the exception on protecting ham and CB.

I am very skeptical that these products work as promoted on that website. What real-world testing has been done? How did they conduct an EMP-impacting test? Of what magnitude of EMP? Any independent testing, or verification of the manufacturer's testing? They seem to want a lot of money for their devices.

I believe the risks from an EMP are real and the impacts could be highly variable (low to extreme). I have a few electronics in the gun safe, and a few electronics in a fat-50 ammo can. The ammo can has sections of cardboard box on the inside to act as a potential layer of 'insulation' so nothing directly contacts the metal of the ammo can. That is it for me. I'm along for the ride for the other impacts, and would rather spend/invest funds on other tangibles such as food and supplies.

View attachment 638879

Theoretically speaking a safe and an ammo can won't do anything against an EMP nor Carrington type event, without modifications.

A proper faraday cage requires direct metal on metal contact all around, the more difficult being the door/lid. Some type of metal/mesh gasket. Without which, it's simply akin to a leaky box setting in feet of water, everything would be ruined.

In the case of an ammo can, the rubber gasket allows EM waves. And similarly in the case of a safe door.

A modified ammo can should be good, modifying a safe would be challenging.

Easiest would likely be a metal trashcan, with a metal on metal gasket, with a simple step off insert from the metal on the inside.

Not sure if further bagging contents in mylar/simple foil "envelopes" (or both) would be of further benefit or not. However given how easy it would be (comparatively) to foil envelope at that point, why not?

IMO an EMP is possible, but extremely unlikely (act of WW3), however a Carrington type event is likely (happened before).

How severe would a Carrington type event be, is the question? Grid down? Absolutely! Non grid connected electronics affected? Honestly no idea...

I was reading comments about the vehicle EMP Shield and if your car has a FOB that must protected since it is not connected to the vehicle in any way. Also if you have remote alarm disarming device like my car has it will be fried. But I can unlock the car manually and put the key in and start the car and the alarm will turn off.

I have no experience with the vehicle EMP Shield just reading comments. Looks fairly easy to install though.

On my threat list, EMP is two slots above aliens and sasquatch. Its POSSIBLE, but if it does hit my area, the electronics I could protect wouldn't make that much difference.

Politely disagree sir. The threat level is much higher than you suppose, if you include a Carrington style solar event (which may be worse than an EMP), the odds of the USA losing all power are staggeringly underrated by most people. Some scientists say that there is a 10-12% chance you will see a solar flare Carrington type of event in the next 10 years (some assumptions may apply, tax license and dealer prep excluded). Check your age and adjust those odds to what you are looking at in your lifetime however, this is not an insignifigant number simply to be ignored, even if the likelyhood is that some scientist are over inflating the numbers. Folks that frequent this board tend to be hunters and survialist types who would do much better sans power, but having a heads up and even starting to prep for the event would give anyone a huge heads start towards surviving it.

You might consider taking a few moments to ponder what has been said, learned and speculated on the matter at this point in time. Some links to start folks if any have interest:

What is a "Carrington Style" CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) solar storm event?
A Perfect Solar Superstorm: The 1859 Carrington Event

What is the Chance a Solar Storm Could Knock Out The Power Grid?

CME from the geologic record
Impending Solar Flash Event Supported by Scientific Studies & Insider Testimony

I don't think it needs to dominate our lives, but it should be worthy of some small consideration. In no way an I saying that the EMP device that started this thread would be effective in such a solar storm, I'm merely addressing the probability of us all living in the stone age again.

The USA is way to dependent on the power grid. If it goes down for a week and you don't have some cash , gas, and food ,water , your in trouble and most take it for granted.

The USA is way to dependent on the power grid. If it goes down for a week and you don't have some cash , gas, and food ,water , your in trouble and most take it for granted.

Correct, and if that's an EMP or a CME (Solar storm), that power outage may last 4-10 years with up to an estimated 90% of the population dieing (70-90% per experts testifying before congress). BTW, no one has anything to say about the aliens dude discusses in my last link? Probably a good thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top