JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My new neighbor has informed me that he doesn't think that his newly acquired young dog needs any training in regards to barking non stop when outside.

I have previously used a hand held ultrasonic devise that worked real well with another neighbors dog, but it seems that this dog needs something with more power and fine tuning.

Here are a couple of You Tube video explaining what I want to build, I just don't have the scientific background to decipher the schematics on what to purchase and assemble.

Any technical help in my quest of a quiet neighborhood will be generously rewarded.

Cheers, Jeff

The neighbor went home to California and traded dogs then brought home a beagle. Now usually they are friendly dogs but this one barks forever. Came home and it barked fort 20 minutes.
They don't seem to care so......how can you think it's OK for your dog to bark at someone on his own property?How?.....
So I went down to city hall and turned them in. Lol we don't have a animal control guy so the police chief shows up. I drive up and the dog is in full form for chief KB.
I didn't want to do this but the neighbors don't seem to GAS.
The good part is if I call again it's $25. $5 less than a bark collar.
There is almost always a noise or bark ordinance in cities and towns. I would be the squeaky wheel and call daily. Or nightly.
That's just me though;)

My new neighbor has informed me that he doesn't think that his newly acquired young dog needs any training in regards to barking non stop when outside.

I have previously used a hand held ultrasonic devise that worked real well with another neighbors dog, but it seems that this dog needs something with more power and fine tuning.

Here are a couple of You Tube video explaining what I want to build, I just don't have the scientific background to decipher the schematics on what to purchase and assemble.

Any technical help in my quest of a quiet neighborhood will be generously rewarded.

Cheers, Jeff
Taser? :p I would record the dog barking and then bring that over to your neighbor and not give him any slack. You could always talk to the fuzz about what to do.

Here the no bark rule is 15 minutes worth in a 2 hour span.

I'm now realizing our closest neighbor with the yapper dog... it must have died.

I was looking into ways to silence that ankle biting mutt, now I need to figure out how to stop the cats from crapping in my raised garden beds. Nobody wats turds by asparagus.

While it would be a first step to call and go the ordinance route, the more fun route is to make a dog shutter upper device and blast it to the animal so it fears going outside. Psychological warfare wins every time.

My new neighbor is a millennial snowflake that takes one collage class a semester while his wife holds down two jobs to support his sorry butt.
They brought home an abandoned rescued adult male Australian Sheppard/Dingo mix breed that is so aggressive, the fence gates need to be pad locked in case someone tried to open one.
The male will course around the backyard and give just one bark in every corner then shut up while he waits for his chance to attack something that might enter the backyard.
I can live with that, it's the new female puppy they got to keep Bowser company, that's let loose outside all day and she barks continually for attention.
He sits on his bubblegum playing Nintendo all afternoon drinking beer while waiting for his wife to come home and fix him dinner.

Psychological warfare wins every time.

I've posted this at one point here.

Once long ago when we rented we were next to another rental.

One day a couple and 2 beagles move in and the beagles love to bark all the time. They would call them in after 30-40 min.

Our ordinance outside the city is 10 min without stopping and I could have called the police on these people but tried to be the bigger person.

Finally one Sunday morning at 7am they let the dogs out, I was most likely hung over cuz I was seeing red when they wouldn't stop.

I disassembled my home stereo and set it up in the side door of the garage, which very comviently pointed at their bedroom (did I mention I had to deal with those a holes blasting bassy music well into the night on weekdays and we had a 3 year old?).

I flipped thru my cds not knowing what to play and my eye landed on N.W.A - Straight Outa Compton, this couple was about as suburb snob as it got and I was still pretty big and worked out a lot plus wore a bandana a lot back then.

I played F the Police (neighbor across the street was a cop and he never mentioned it lol) as loud as I could crank it with out distortion (I'm sure people heard it 3 blocks away) for the entire song.

Turned it off and was wide awake so I put everything back.

After that day they called those dogs in on the very first bark and we never had another issue with them. My message was received.

Obscure intimidation is more appropriate in my mind then hurting the pups ears in some way. Let the owner deal with it after you let them know how you feel in whatever way that is.

Or call the cops and let them deal with it - sounds like that would work also and then you have documented incidents.

Had a cat poisoned as a kid - was a horrrible way to kill an intrusive cat and was not pretty to watch. She was in a lot of pain by the time my parents figured out what had happened.

One of the few cats I've bonded with in my life, well one of two I guess.

People that poison pets are chicken-bubblegum scum that deserve a special place in hell. But that is what our society has come to these days. Everyone lives too close to everyone else and no one is reasonable or responsible.

Last Edited:

I guess these are some how illegal? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to hook this up to some form of sound detection switch and have them go off when ever the dog barks. Probably a good training tool.

These ultra high frequencies sound devises are not illegal. I just need one that is more powerful in range and direction because I want to change the dogs behavior in it's barking pattern, not just run away from the sounds.
I know this works as I've trained a nuisance dog before and trained it to not bark along the fence line.

Let's keep this thread narrowed down to helping me find a member who's electronic expertise will get me the devise I'm trying to build.
Thanks in advance.

X
Let's keep this thread narrowed down to helping me find a member who's electronic expertise will get me the devise I'm trying to build.
Thanks in advance.

To make what's in the first video...

4x tweeters off eBay

PVC pipe of a diameter that you can silicon the tweeters too

Plywood box

Speaker wire

Recording of the frequency and modulation mentioned (should be able to find a digital recording with some searching) - the alternative is a frequency output modulator

CD player and amplifier/receiver-amp

I've got one of these, I just wanted a way to build a stronger version that would be tune-able or the unit adapted to the tweeter speakers.
The trick is to have the unit automatically turn on when the dog barks, so it trains the dog into keeping silent.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top